Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 383 of 753 1 2 381 382 383 384 385 752 753
Sting's 'Brand New Day'

I
I
Has the painting session had me trawling through my cassettes I came across "Precious" a mid 90's compilation Some dross like Blur but as they say round Jf's way "Some reet belters " none more so then "Sit Down " James ,that oxymoron an intelligent worded musical adapt chart topper and Arsene Wenger's favourite band "ZER ARSE OF LERVE" and their eponymous track ,whose name escapes me ,what was it again Arsene ? Chadders and Bickers burn brightly for 3 minutes or so It's a bit like Hull City's first day win lauding it over the Britney Spears of Man Yoo and the Chesney Hawkes of liverpool It's a pity they never realised their full potential
I also dug out English* folk rocker AL STEWART and his tribute to former Soviet Union goalie Lev Yashin THE YEAR OF THE CAT Again some "reet belters" on here CROSS THE BORDER BROADWAY HOTEL and of course the title track Perfect song which culminates with Bob Holness of Blockbusters coming in with a soul wrenching sax break (the sort Marc Almond mentions in "Torch" The slick TV personality would return to form a couple of years or so later on Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street !
Same backing band as Steve Harley btw

*Awaits for some pedant to point out he was born in Pwllheli or Falkirk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:

Pedant? hardly...

confused

On the basic facts, place of birth was Glasgow actually, although he grew up in Bournemouth in Dorset.

Generally have no idea whatsoever what the rest of your post is about Ivan, sorry.

eek

I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
[b]
Pedant? hardly...

confused

On the basic facts, place of birth was Glasgow actually, although he grew up in Bournemouth in Dorset.

Generally have no idea whatsoever what the rest of your post is about Ivan, sorry.

eek [/b]
"Guilty as charged " arresting officer Ekin ! I can be opaque at times

Basically Guy Chaddick's" House of Love " seemed destined to go onto great things but didn't
Arsene Wenger fine manager better grasp of English than some native speakers , but some phonetic inconsistencies remain
Surely you must have heard the urban myth about Bob Holness playing the sax solo on "Baker Street " patently untrue , but still does the rounds
I kind of suspected "Wee AL" was a Scot by birth , but he does sound quintessentally (sp ? ) English . The Bournemouth upbringing explains this
The Torch Soft Cell reference to "Saxophone tearing the soul"

I hope this clear matters up E G

Ivan

Addendum Lev Yashin ex USSR Goalkeeper Known as "The Cat "

Here We Go is still spinning for me...

Playing Here We Go as well.

M
M
Vangelis - Albedo 0.39

Ultravox - 'Quartet' and 'Monument'.

Paul Berry - Parallel

The Archive
The Archive
Talking Heads - The Name of This Band is...

Page 383 of 753 1 2 381 382 383 384 385 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.