Terms and conditions of use for The Metamatic Forum (http://www.metamatic.com) as of the 1st of June, 2011.
In compliance with The Children's Online Privacy Protection (COPPA), you MUST be over the age of 13 to register for membership at The Metamatic Forum.
By registering, using or reading an account at The Metamatic Forum, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
- through your use of this service, that you will not use The Metamatic Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, argumentative, bullying, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, profane, harassing, threatening, racist, homophobic, sexually oriented, spam, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
- not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.
- not to use the addresses of any member on The Metamatic Forum for any other purpose than one-to-one personal communication. Any mailing in bulk to members of The Metamatic Forum (outside of official Metamatic communications) or any unsolicited E-Mail to members may result in immediate suspension of your membership.
- not to use more than one registered Forum account and not to represent yourself as another person, company or entity.
- that Metamatic (including the webmaster, administrators and / or moderators of metamatic.com) has the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time.
- to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised. Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP TO THE METAMATIC FORUM IS PREDICATED ON YOUR ADHERENCE TO THESE RULES.
If you violate any of these rules your account will be suspended and you may be permanently banned from membership to The Metamatic Forum.
- posting of personal attacks against another member, non-member, webmaster, administrator or moderator in The Metamatic Forum or via E-Mail.
- posting of any false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, argumentative, bullying, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, profane, harassing, threatening, racist, homophobic, sexually oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and possibly your service provider being informed).
- registering more than one account.
- use of a false or invalid E-Mail address.
- posting information on how to defraud any company or promotion of any kind of illegal or unethical activity.
- posting personal information (full name, private address, postcode, telephone number, E-Mail address, etc.) of another member or non-member without their written consent.
- posting material that violates the trademark or copyright of another person or company.
- posting material with the intention of defrauding or taking advantage of another company, exploiting flaws or weaknesses in their systems or sites.
- posting links or information about where to purchase or sell pornography, drugs, guns, weapons or ammunition.
- padding your post count with one line posts or other attempts at flooding The Metamatic Forum with posts.
- posting any profanity (harsh or mild) in the topic/subject of your post.
- posting spam. If you have something related to advertise, that's fine - but only pick ONE area to do it in. Please do NOT post the same message in multiple places across The Metamatic Forum.
- posting complete nonsense, gibberish or using The Metamatic Forum to play posting games.
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
The Metamatic Forum has a zero tolerance policy for personal attacks. Posting something to The Metamatic Forum which attacks another member, non-member, webmaster, administrator or moderator or contains profanity or any type of racial, sexual or ethnic slur may result in immediate suspension of your membership to The Metamatic Forum.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for Metamatic (including the webmaster, administrators and / or moderators of metamatic.com) to review messages or confirm the validity of the information posted. Please remember that Metamatic does not actively monitor the contents of and is not responsible for any messages posted. Neither does Metamatic vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message and are not necessarily the views of Metamatic or any entity associated with Metamatic. While every attempt is made to present information regarding John Foxx accurately and favourably, our views remain entirely our own and do not necessarily represent those of John Foxx or his management.
Any information contained in The Metamatic Forum is delivered 'as-is' without any form of warranty expressed or implied. Any use of the information contained within is solely at your own risk. Metamatic cannot be held liable for any loss, damage, expense or other inconvenience howsoever caused as a consequence of inaccurate or incorrect information posted at The Metamatic Forum, whether relating to John Foxx or otherwise. For example, users are strongly advised to check with the venue regarding dates, times, availability and prices of all tickets for live shows before making any arrangements. Similarly in respect of release dates, media format and appearances - all of this information is subject to changes beyond our control.
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact Metamatic immediately by using the NOTIFY button positioned next to the message in question or by E-Mailing Metamatic at email@example.com. Metamatic has the ability to remove objectionable messages and if it is determined to be necessary, then every effort will be made to do so within a reasonable time frame. However, this is a manual process, so please realise that Metamatic may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
Metamatic does not and cannot review all of the messages posted and is therefore not responsible for the content of any of these messages. Metamatic reserves the right to delete and/or edit any message for any or no reason whatsoever.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Metamatic (including http://www.metamatic.com), Robin Harris and Martin Smith with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s) or the messages of others.
Metamatic is not responsible for the content of any website linked to externally within messages posted here. Any attempt to link to offensive, vulgar or otherwise objectionable websites may result in the suspension of your membership and all such links will be removed from posts.
Metamatic reserves the right to revoke your membership to The Metamatic Forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.
Metamatic also reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information is known about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message(s) posted by you.
By clicking the AGREE button below you agree to be bound by these conditions.
If you DO NOT AGREE to these terms, press the CANCEL button to log out.