Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Online
At first , after a very long time, I want come back with a big Thank You to Rob for restoring this site. It's nice to have the avatars again.

Ultravox - live at the Rainbow...
What a nice surprise Universal have decided to release this - and what a very great job of the remaster; both Video and Audio. I know this stuff only in bootleg quality - but this here is wonderful. It is nice we can buy it as a download. But the ones who met me in the past , knows I'm a friend of physical releases.

Is there a chance of a CD, Vinyl and perhaps a DVD release? I have to say I would buy a copy of all 3 !

Releases like this a very welcome. I think of the Live tracks of Huddersfield Poly and the Marquee. If there is more of it - please release it!

Thanks for the great job!

S.M.

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted by Shadow Man
At first , after a very long time, I want come back with a big Thank You to Rob for restoring this site. It's nice to have the avatars again.

The restoration of the avatars came when the software which drives The Forum was upgraded. There have been a number of issues with The Forum which all came to a head when my ISP moved the Metamatic Website onto a new server. I was left with two choices - lose The Forum altogether or pay to get it upgraded. I obviously chose the latter. I now need to spend some time figuring out how to adjust its 'look and feel' so that it blends in better with the rest of the site.

Ultravox - live at the Rainbow...
What a nice surprise Universal have decided to release this - and what a very great job of the remaster; both Video and Audio. I know this stuff only in bootleg quality - but this here is wonderful. It is nice we can buy it as a download. But the ones who met me in the past , knows I'm a friend of physical releases.

Is there a chance of a CD, Vinyl and perhaps a DVD release? I have to say I would buy a copy of all 3 !

A lot of people have expressed a wish for these tracks to be given a physical release - but sadly there's no sign that this will happen.

Releases like this a very welcome. I think of the Live tracks of Huddersfield Poly and the Marquee. If there is more of it - please release it!

Perhaps other material (which doubtless exists) was also considered ahead of releasing the tracks from The Marquee?

Rob

OP Online
Would be nice to hear some more tracks from the Marquee in the sound quality as Young Savage.
I assume a lot of people would be interested into official released live stuff.

The Archive
The Archive
The album Live At The Rainbow Theatre 1977 is now available to buy, albeit only as a digital download, at Amazon...

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

The full track-listing is as follows...

01. I Came Back Here To Meet You [3:27]
02. Modern Love [2:25]
03. Slip Away [3:45]
04. T.V. Orphans [2:18]
05. I Won't Play Your Game [3:10]
06. Wide Boys [2:45]
07. Satday Night In The City Of The Dead [2:34]
08. The Wild, The Beautiful & The Damned [5:18]
09. Dangerous Rhythm [4:13]

Rob

OP Online
Have made the download and it sounds great!

This on Vinyl would be the highlight.

Great job.

The Archive
The Archive
This album will be released on vinyl for this years' Record Store Day.

It's the first time on vinyl - or any physical format for that matter - for this 45th Anniversary Edition of Ultravox! Live At The Rainbow 1977. The album features the original line-up of John Foxx on vocals and harmonica, Warren Cann on drums, Chris Cross on bass, Billy Currie on keyboards and violin, and Stevie Shears on guitar. The track-listing is as follows...

A1. I Came Back Here To Meet You [3:28]
A2. Modern Love [2:25]
A3. Slip Away [3:45]
A4. T.V. Orphans [2:18]
A5. I Won’t Play Your Game [3:11]

B1. Wide Boys [2:50]
B2. Satday Night In The City Of The Dead [2:29]
B3. The Wild, The Beautiful And The Damned [4:35]
B4. Dangerous Rhythm [4:13]

According to the Record Store Day site, this release is limited to just 2,600 copies.

Rob

[Linked Image from images.roughtrade.com]

[Linked Image from s3.amazonaws.com]

OP Online
Ha!

THIS! is what I call GREAT NEWS!!!!

I will be there on 23rd April!!!

Thank you Rob for this wonderful news! smile

OP Online
I have to say this is a fantastic Vinyl with great sound!
I'm really happy with it!
Thanks to all who were involved for this release!!

THINGS LIKE THIS ARE VERY WELCOME!!!

(Marquee?....)

Thank's from S.M.

P
P
I was also impressed with the adequate sound quality on "Live At The Rainbow 1977" from GZ for the second time in a row. Sure, there was surface noise…it's an LP. It happens. I also had good luck with the recent Vicious Pink LP. While it gets me down buying new album on vinyl only, and I feel like we are regressing by playing records [that I could not wait to ditch in the CD era], if I do go there, at least I want a Mint LP not to sound like it was 30 years old from a used bin. Sadly, there are other GZ pressings which were exactly that. I am burning a CD of the digitized, denoised LP now, with my rip of the "Systems" bootleg appended to it.

I can say that iTunes had music videos for each of the songs here and if I could burn them to DVD I would have bought them. But iTunes music videos have DRM [unlike the music] preventing that. So if UMG decide to release this in a CD/DVD package I would be all in for buying it a second time. And since it's Ultravox! I wouldn't even resent buying the LP earlier. On this occasion. Just saying.

P
P
Okay Rob - How do I enable an avatar? I can't find the control panel widget in the profile page. Any clues?

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.