Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48810 10/24/16 06:32 PM
I
OP Offline
I
It is with great chagrin I report the passing of my fellow Scouser A real character . Good memories of him working in Probe Records Liverpool I thinki itvwas him thast sold me ! Ha Ha Ha ! Spriral Sctatch and Second Honeymoon Deaf School on vinyl[b][/b] amongst other musical gems. Here he is at the top of his game Enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 10/24/16 06:33 PM.
Yes quite a shock re the demise of Burnsy. To be honest I haven't taken him seriously as a pop star for a long time. He was more famous for appearing on the likes of Celebrity Big Brother and programmes about botched operations. His appearance became increasingly bizarre over time.

I did buy a few Dead Or Alive albums during the mid eighties and enjoyed them very much. I guess he will always be remembered musically for that song. Of course there is the imminent release of a massive Dead Or Alive box set. Talk about bad timing.

M
M
Sad :-(
For a year or so in mid '80 Dead Or Alive was my #1 favourite. I still have more than 50 Dead Or Alive / Pete Burns records in my collection.

P
P
I always thought that Pete was a better talent than his notoriety gave him credit for. Saw him once in 1992. It was a track date but it was a memorable, one-of-a-kind track date with Pete in full Diva mode. Definitely worth the ten hour drive to Atlanta. "Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know" was a great album but my favorite was "Fan The Flame [part 1]." There was a lot of great, heartfelt writing on that album. And Billy Currie played viola on "Unhappy Birthday!"

M
M
After the great "return to form" album Nukleopatra (1995) it looked like Dead Or Alive are coming back with full force. Unfortunately after that things went mostly cosmetic surgery for Pete Burns.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.