Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
Originally Posted By: turntable
Is John going to be appearing live anywhere else in Australia outside of Adelaide and Hobart?

I might need to try and get tickets for the Hobart event.

I honestly don't know... crazy

I will post more information as soon as I get it...

I'm sure that I won't be alone in wanting to hear all about it should you be able to get to one of the events.

Rob

thanks for getting back Rob.

I will be sort of damned if I don't fly down to Hobart to see John and if I book he will probably play in Sydney smirk

to think about overnight.

cheers

Last edited by turntable; 07/18/16 12:54 PM.
Administrator
Administrator

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
F
F
hi all smile

here some event related artwork; http://www.duck-artshop.com/acatalog/UofSA.html

Last edited by fons; 07/19/16 10:21 PM.
Administrator
Administrator

IMPORTANT

Please note:

The opportunity to buy the artworks is EXCLUSIVE to visitors at the Gallery.
You cannot buy otherwise using this link

R
R
http://www.duck-artshop.com/acatalog/UofSA.html

Presumably, Maps and Birdsong is a tribute to you, Martin? wink

Administrator
Administrator

Absolutely.

It's very kind of him, don't you think? laugh laugh

T
T
I have booked my cheap flight, hotel and tickets to Hobart.

I am hanging out to see, listen and hopefully meet John Foxx again at this more intimate event than the 2008 concert in Sydney. smile

Administrator
Administrator

Excellent, well done.

I hope it all works out for you.
We look forward to hearing all the details of your evening

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
T
T
Just back in Sydney after a very enjoyable evening with John Foxx at the MONA museum in Hobart, Australia.

The first half was an interview with John ranging from his days at art school, to forming Ultravox and the first 3 albums and the famous producers they had, leaving and becoming a solo artist, retiring from music to his return and up to his current music.
He than had a break and came out for an ambient piano session that had some small treatments to create a bigger than just piano soundstage.

John was nice enough to come out and have a chat after the show. he was very surprised that the vinyl revival was going so strong as he new about the Ultravox and Cathedral Oceans releases coming up on vinyl. Interesting John calls his Cathedral Oceans music as architectural ambient music.

below is a couple of photos of John sitting down for the interview and just after he finished the ambient piano performance. and a short youtube clip to give you a idea of the ambient music he was playing ( I hope John does not mind )

Overall a fantastic evening to gain quite a bit of insight on the quiet man and his music and to meet him again.

youtube John Foxx ambient @ MONA Hobart 29/7/2016

P
P
I love these kind of panel discussions. I impetuously flew to Chicago in 2014 to see Bryan Ferry give a similar talk/interview at the museum that was hosting "David Bowie Is" a few weeks later and it was a real treat, though no music was played there.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.