Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Rodney
Did you provide the artwork, Rob?

The material provided for the 2006 CD editions wouldn't have been good enough as it was all created to be reproduced at CD size. So the artwork has been created afresh for these new releases.

Rob

R
R
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
Did you provide the artwork, Rob?

The material provided for the 2006 CD editions wouldn't have been good enough as it was all created to be reproduced at CD size. So the artwork has been created afresh for these new releases.

Rob

By you personally?

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive

By you personally?

Nope, not by me... but I've been assured that they will be faithful reproductions.

Rob

R
R
There are 1500 x 1500 images assigned to the Amazon links, so perhaps these are the cover images for the vinyl releases?

Ultravox! is a bit spotty in places, but Systems Of Romance looks good, especially with the original Garamond typeface in place! ;-)

Cheers, Rob ... and thanks.

Pre-ordered my 3 vinyl copies.
grin

T
T
Well, I have all three of these on vinyl second hand. I do like coloured vinyl though so maybe I can be tempted! Maybe ...

T
T
Hi Rob

regarding these vinyl reissues. Do you know if they have gone back to the original analog masters and remastered in analog for the vinyl pressings?

cheers

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: turntable
Hi Rob

regarding these vinyl reissues. Do you know if they have gone back to the original analog masters and remastered in analog for the vinyl pressings?

As far as I know, the same masters which were used for The Island Years box set were used for these new vinyl editions.

Rob

T
T
Originally Posted By: turntable
Hi Rob

As far as I know, the same masters which were used for The Island Years box set were used for these new vinyl editions.

Rob

That does not sound great as they will be digital. I hope they at least used hi-res digital and not remastered from the 16/44 CD master.

I don't think anyone should be getting rid of their original UK pressings for these.

cheers

Last edited by turntable; 08/01/16 09:43 AM.
R
R
Are there images of the back cover artwork available anywhere?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.