Metamatic
The first three albums are due to be released on limited edition coloured vinyl later this year...

All three are currently available to pre-order on Amazon...

Ultravox! : Ultravox! - available on Red Vinyl...

Ultravox! : Ha! Ha! Ha! - available on "European" Grey Vinyl...

Ultravox : Systems Of Romance - available on White Vinyl...

Rob
Great news.

I've preordered them.

One question standard or heavyweight vinyl?

Brian
Originally Posted By: Brian
Great news.
One question standard or heavyweight vinyl?

I couldn't remember when I posted about this earlier today...

But I've just checked, and the artwork for the accompanying stickers say "heavyweight"...

Rob
cheers Rob.

I won't be cancelling my order then cool

Brian
Is Amazon uk the only option or are there plans I could get it via Amazon de too? Asking 'cause of the expensive postage costs.

Great the albums are availlable on vinyl again!
Originally Posted By: Shadow Man
Is Amazon uk the only option or are there plans I could get it via Amazon de too? Asking 'cause of the expensive postage costs.

I honestly don't don't know at this point - these albums were only announced yesterday.

Great the albums are availlable on vinyl again!

Oh, absolutely... laugh

Rob
Thank you, Rob.

Two other questions - only for interest:
Are there plans for a black vinyl release later this year too and how many copies including the limited edition coloured vinyl editions?
Thank you, Rob.

No problem... grin

Two other questions - only for interest:
Are there plans for a black vinyl release later this year too and how many copies including the limited edition coloured vinyl editions?

I don't believe that there are plans for 'black vinyl' versions to be released.

I've asked how many will be produced on coloured vinyl - I will post more details as soon as I'm advised.

Rob
Cheers,Rob. smile
Did you provide the artwork, Rob?
Originally Posted By: Rodney

The material provided for the 2006 CD editions wouldn't have been good enough as it was all created to be reproduced at CD size. So the artwork has been created afresh for these new releases.

Rob
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris

The material provided for the 2006 CD editions wouldn't have been good enough as it was all created to be reproduced at CD size. So the artwork has been created afresh for these new releases.

Rob

By you personally?

By you personally?

Nope, not by me... but I've been assured that they will be faithful reproductions.

Rob
There are 1500 x 1500 images assigned to the Amazon links, so perhaps these are the cover images for the vinyl releases?

Ultravox! is a bit spotty in places, but Systems Of Romance looks good, especially with the original Garamond typeface in place! ;-)

Cheers, Rob ... and thanks.
Pre-ordered my 3 vinyl copies.
grin
Well, I have all three of these on vinyl second hand. I do like coloured vinyl though so maybe I can be tempted! Maybe ...
Hi Rob

regarding these vinyl reissues. Do you know if they have gone back to the original analog masters and remastered in analog for the vinyl pressings?

cheers
Originally Posted By: turntable
Hi Rob

regarding these vinyl reissues. Do you know if they have gone back to the original analog masters and remastered in analog for the vinyl pressings?

As far as I know, the same masters which were used for The Island Years box set were used for these new vinyl editions.

Rob
Originally Posted By: turntable
Hi Rob

As far as I know, the same masters which were used for The Island Years box set were used for these new vinyl editions.

Rob

That does not sound great as they will be digital. I hope they at least used hi-res digital and not remastered from the 16/44 CD master.

I don't think anyone should be getting rid of their original UK pressings for these.

cheers
Are there images of the back cover artwork available anywhere?
Got my 3 coloured Vinyls today. They all sounding good.
Ultravox!(The gatefold sleeve version!) and Ha! Ha! Ha! smile are very well made. The only little disappointment is Systems of Romance 'cause the images on the front and backside of the cover are a bit blurred. On my original Vinyl from 1978 it is very clear.

But all in all I'm glad with these coloured LP's - they looking great. Thanks to Island records and all who are involved in these re-releases! smile
I noticed a note on the discogs.com entry for Systems of Romance.

I quote:

Quote:
sticker states heavy vinyl, but its not

Thoughts?

If you've not picked them up before, the first 3 Ultravox! Vinyl albums on coloured vinyl are available for just £8 each in the Sound of Vinyl Easter sale.

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/-8-on-selected-1-LPs/Ultravox-Red-Vinyl/58RL0ENK000
https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/-8-on-selected-1-LPs/Ha-Ha-Ha-Grey-Vinyl/58RK0ENK000
https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/-8-on-selected-1-LPs/Systems-Of-Romance-White-Vinyl/58RJ0ENK000
© Metamatic