Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
OP Offline
The author David Buckley has mentioned on Facebook that he's just finished writing the sleeve notes for a Foxx-era Ultravox box set.

No idea if it's gonna be like the other Ultravox box set with that other bloke in it, or whether this one will have extras etc. History suggests it'll just be the albums without the extras.

R
R
The 'definitiveness' of this for fans and collectors will depend upon whether or not John's officially credited archivist has been involved.

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Rodney
The 'definitiveness' of this for fans and collectors will depend upon whether or not John's officially credited archivist has been involved.

Hi Rodney,

Yes, I'd hope so! Must consider though that Cerise, Paul and Rob were given no sight or had any involvement with the previous box set (1980-2012) - mind you, that was on a different record label, so hopefully things are better this time.

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
The author David Buckley has mentioned on Facebook that he's just finished writing the sleeve notes for a Foxx-era Ultravox box set.

No idea if it's gonna be like the other Ultravox box set with that other bloke in it, or whether this one will have extras etc. History suggests it'll just be the albums without the extras.

Originally Posted By: RadioBeach

Yes, I'd hope so! Must consider though that Cerise, Paul and Rob were given no sight or had any involvement with the previous box set (1980-2012) - mind you, that was on a different record label, so hopefully things are better this time.

You're right, none of us (Cerise, Paul and / or myself) were involved in the Ultravox (1980 - 2012) box set which came out at the end of 2013.

However, I can confirm that I am involved in the forthcoming Foxx -era box set which has been mentioned above.

Unfortunately (and inevitably) I'm currently unable to discuss when it'll be released, its format or what it will contain. I will post more as and when it's all been confirmed.

Regards,

Rob

That's good news.

Here's hoping it also comes on vinyl with download codes and has some unreleased stuff. grin

Brian

This sounds potentially very exciting.

I'm sure Rob, like the rest of us, has a list of tracks that he'd love to see included in this box set.

I loved the reissues that came out a few years ago. The only frustration was that a decision was made not to include anything that hadn't been previously officially released.

This is a chance to make up for that. I'm sure John has some interesting material that could be considered. I remember reading somewhere that Warren had a load of unreleased material on tape too from that era.

Yes, would be great if some surprises are included.

R
R
Assuming that the three studio albums will be included within this box-set, I hope the correct typeface for Systems Of Romance will be used this time around.

Oh, and that bloody mysterious 7-inch edit/version of Hiroshima Mon Amour, including an interview with C.C. about the two takes of the saxophone he played for the recording. I think that's about it. smirk

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Brian
That's good news.

Here's hoping it also comes on vinyl with download codes and has some unreleased stuff. grin

Brian

laugh heh! Let's not add too much pressure to Rob - I suspect he's got enough on his plate...

Doesn't stop dreaming or drooling about what should be in it though!

*cough* DVD *splutter* CD of Stockholm '77 *cough* CD of a really good US Club Tour gig *splutter* laugh

Glad to hear you're at the helm Rob - steering it clear of any typo icebergs ahead! cool

Last edited by RadioBeach; 03/03/16 10:13 PM.
OP Offline
I hope the correct typeface for Systems Of Romance will be used this time around.

Blimey! I hadn't noticed that before, now that I've compared my vinyl to my CD edition - yer right Rodney! Argh! Wish I'd not noticed now - my eyes are burning! grin

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.