Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

We're only weeks, nay, days away from the opening matches so let's get the proverbial ball rolling.

England 2.362 - Italy 49 ..what are the chances?...
Over to you in the studio IVAN ..

I
I
Originally Posted By: MemberD

We're only weeks, nay, days away from the opening matches so let's get the proverbial ball rolling.

England 2.362 - Italy 49 ..what are the chances?...
Over to you in the studio IVAN ..

Well Membs it's a game of two halves and it's all about getting it in the onion bag No good being all fancy dans if you don't make the pressure count Any Derby County player will tell you that after last Saturday Me myself personally like I'll be sticking a bag of sand on hosts Brazil to win it as they got Favelas and Sepultura in midfield. I fink both Italy and England will both be sick as tropical rain forest parrots come the end of the tournament
Anyway I've got a Giro d'Italia to finish I should be back with more meaningless clichès later ,should my anti- doping test go well
*removes phial from fridge*

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 05/28/14 10:29 AM.
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

Fair enough Ivan! As everyone's favourite country singer Marilyn Sellars once entoned "one sport at a time, sweet Jezuuuss"..

Hope you'll be joining us after the giro to keep us filled on the antics of our boys down in South America (that's the continent just above the Falklands, readers..).

Meanwhile here's some music:

I
I
Originally Posted By: MemberD

Fair enough Ivan! As everyone's favourite country singer Marilyn Sellars once entoned "one sport at a time, sweet Jezuuuss"..

Hope you'll be joining us after the giro to keep us filled on the antics of our boys down in South America (that's the continent just above the Falklands, readers..).

Meanwhile here's some music:

Well Membs , after my drug free ride I managed to secure an excluisive interview with our main man JF . he held forth thus
"Tha knows Ivan , if I were thee I'd be putting me dosh ont' Belgians Their mix of francophone flair and Flemish pragmatism makes for some reet gradely football and I reckon they could go all the way . Our Dad used to take us to Burnden Park in the 60's ft see Trotters , and this Belgian team is morst reminiscent of that great side. i'd love to stay and chat but I have ft go Ladbrokes "
So there you have it . Next up Slade vocalist Noddy Holder will give us his insights into the emergence of the Asian football nations and predicts a semi- final slot for Japan (the team obviously , not David Sylvain's lot)

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

Oh ta Ivan. That were reet grand!

Speaking of Japan and Belgians, my hopes are on Cote d'Ivoire for giving us a good run for our money although I'd hate to see them trip up at the first hurdle that is the Nipponic Soccer Taskforce.

(Just don't mention Pearl Harbour.)

Administrator
Administrator

Under... pass and move

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

He's a Forward
No-One Passing
Blurred Ref

Afternoon!

England will probably go out in the first six minutes, so I'm going to be watching Belgium - I reckon they've quite a team.

Ivan - must chat soon, will try and call over the weekend!

I'd be surprised IF England managed to get out of the group stage.

S
S
I have a bet on them not getting out the group. Not good odds though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.