Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Nisei Offline OP
OP Offline
That's odd indeed.
Although often a certain amount of copies is reserved for VIPs (I hate that word, everyone's equally important in my opinion) and so is not part of the amount of copies available to the general public.
So perhaps copies 001 to 010 were reserved and copies 011 to 510 were made available to order.
But that still means the "limited to 500 copies" isn't true.

Last edited by Nisei; 06/09/13 01:12 PM.
Administrator
Administrator
Yes it does.

No-one said they would be numbered from 001 to 500...

C
C
I can't find the original notice right now, but wasn't it said that 530 copies would be manufactured, of which 500 would be offered for sale? Now if a number 531 turns up, then I'll wonder what happened. smile

Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget that these limited editions could win you a signed John Foxx prize!

See our exclusive competition, submit of photo of your piece and you could be in with a chance of winning some 'stuff' !

Nisei Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Birdsong
Yes it does.
No-one said they would be numbered from 001 to 500...

OK so you're saying only 500 copies exist but they were numbered, for example, 025 to 525?

META0003CD....No.318
META0004CD....No.310

P
P
I'm intensely curious about the image of the "Underpass" remix CD [META32V] as depicted on the Metamatic page in Soundcloud.

http://soundcloud.com/metamatic-records/john-foxx-underpass

It shows release # 0156… the exact same number that I own. <stinger> The red stamp of "0156" is absolutely the same as on the copy in my safe-deposit box [not joking].

Last edited by postpunkmonk; 12/10/13 02:19 PM.

P
P
Wow! Last night I checked my Discogs.com feed to see if I had made any sales in my store and the usual "76 new items For Sale in your Wantlist" message was there. I almost deleted it, but I thought I should give it a viewing first. Good thing.

There were three copies of META004 there for £15.00 each!!! Needless to say, this is the only numbered Foxx music release I currently lack in my Record Cell, so I bought that immediately and messaged two friends about the other two. One of them got a copy himself. The seller told me a third party quickly bought the other copy. I'd long since given up getting a copy after scrambling [and failing] in 1998 to score one. So it's a bit premature, but here are my numbers:

Exotour CD - META 003CD - #899/1000
Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour CD - META 0004CD - #400/500
Underpass Remix VIP CDr - META 32VCD - #156/?
Underpass Remix 12" - META 32V - #397/500

Does anyone know how many copies of the "Underpass" remix CDr were made?

B
B
hi it is jonathan barnbrook, the designer of the limited edition vinyl.
just to clear things up about this: 530 copies were printed and stamped. 30 were kept back they were for myself, metamatic records, the artists and cargo. the rest that is, 500 only went on sale. the ones that were kept back were a few of the early ones and some random ones all the way through.

with something like this the edition is very carefully controlled. there are no duplicates, and no numbers beyond 530. i know because i did it all the stamping and numbering myself. i marked each one when it was stamped 3 times. see photo in this link:

http://twitpic.com/dreo3u

dear postpunkmonk. the image used is not your cover. it was a mock-up done before the cover was printed. the numbering is different. your real copy will have a dash at the beginning rather than a zero. also the stamp for the main title is different.

hope that clears up any confusion with the numbering as i was very careful to make sure everything was accounted for and correct.

jonathan

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for clearing that up, jonathan laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.