Metamatic
Posted By: Nisei Post your ltd edition numbers here - 05/30/13 02:18 PM
Just curious how many members are getting the ltd edition releases.
Here are mine:

Exotour CD #191
Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour CD #312
Underpass 12" #77
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 05/30/13 02:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Nisei
Just curious how many members are getting the ltd edition releases.
Here are mine:

Exotour CD #191
Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour CD #312
Underpass 12" #77

I also wondered that, and that's why I announced this competition yesterday... wink

Rob
Posted By: Nisei Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 05/30/13 02:57 PM
Well slap my ear! What a coincidence.
OK I'll snap some pics and mail them to you.
But this topic would still make sense right? So people can see who's got which numbers.
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 05/30/13 03:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Nisei
Well slap my ear! What a coincidence.
OK I'll snap some pics and mail them to you.
But this topic would still make sense right? So people can see who's got which numbers.

The pages which will contain the competition entries will also feature the limited edition numbers. That way, visitors to the site would be able to see what numbers were 'taken', as well as where they were in the world. Asking for accompanying photographs seemed like a good excuse for people to get creative with their cameras - and that's what led to turning this quest into a competition... smile

Rob
Posted By: Nisei Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 05/30/13 04:03 PM
Cool, thanks.
It's good to know because if I wouldn't send in mine, someone could nick my scans of off Discogs claiming it's their copy wink
Posted By: cdave2 Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 05/31/13 01:26 AM
I once had both Exotour (oddly, an unnumbered copy) and Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour (can't recall the number). Sadly, I had to sell a chunk of my music collection during a period of financial hardship. So, at least those copies can go on record as having journeyed from the UK via St. Louis, Missouri and Chicago, Illinois, on to points unknown.

Karl Hyde of Underworld did a similar thing with a 2003 book of graphic work and his recent solo album. Initial copies included a numbered photograph, which each user was invited to register. It was fun to watch the webpage taking shape as the UK fans received their copies first, followed by Europe, the Americas, Asia and elsewhere.

It's harder to track things when it's not part of the process from the outset, but the competition is a neat twist to get people motivated! Now to borrow a digital camera...
Posted By: MemberD Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/03/13 02:35 PM
Underpants No. 480 spotted in Japan ..
https://twitter.com/jage_jp/status/341504417444556800
Posted By: alec Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/06/13 11:24 PM
Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour CD: No. 937

Exotour CD: No. 311

What about the John Foxx/Karbourne '20th Century/Burning Car' (Dubterror mixes) 12"? Wasn't that a ltd ed?

If so I've got that one, too.
Posted By: Nisei Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/07/13 04:10 PM
A lot of the releases were limited but not numbered.
Posted By: fons Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/08/13 09:43 PM
hi all, back again on the forum.

I had a rarity within the Underpass 500 copies limited edition, #506 lol
Can someone clear that up please? So i guess 501 to 505 exist as well?
Or he got so confused stamping them he lost track of the numbers wink
The other numbers follow later.

Greetings from Rotjeknor,
fons
Posted By: Nisei Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/09/13 09:07 AM
That's odd indeed.
Although often a certain amount of copies is reserved for VIPs (I hate that word, everyone's equally important in my opinion) and so is not part of the amount of copies available to the general public.
So perhaps copies 001 to 010 were reserved and copies 011 to 510 were made available to order.
But that still means the "limited to 500 copies" isn't true.
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/09/13 07:18 PM
Yes it does.

No-one said they would be numbered from 001 to 500...
Posted By: cdave2 Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/09/13 09:05 PM
I can't find the original notice right now, but wasn't it said that 530 copies would be manufactured, of which 500 would be offered for sale? Now if a number 531 turns up, then I'll wonder what happened. smile
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/10/13 06:51 AM

Don't forget that these limited editions could win you a signed John Foxx prize!

See our exclusive competition, submit of photo of your piece and you could be in with a chance of winning some 'stuff' !
Posted By: Nisei Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/20/13 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Birdsong
Yes it does.
No-one said they would be numbered from 001 to 500...

OK so you're saying only 500 copies exist but they were numbered, for example, 025 to 525?
Posted By: Furniture Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 06/23/13 12:59 PM
META0003CD....No.318
META0004CD....No.310
Posted By: postpunkmonk Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 12/10/13 02:14 PM
I'm intensely curious about the image of the "Underpass" remix CD [META32V] as depicted on the Metamatic page in Soundcloud.

http://soundcloud.com/metamatic-records/john-foxx-underpass

It shows release # 0156… the exact same number that I own. <stinger> The red stamp of "0156" is absolutely the same as on the copy in my safe-deposit box [not joking].
Posted By: postpunkmonk Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 01/05/14 04:54 PM
Wow! Last night I checked my Discogs.com feed to see if I had made any sales in my store and the usual "76 new items For Sale in your Wantlist" message was there. I almost deleted it, but I thought I should give it a viewing first. Good thing.

There were three copies of META004 there for £15.00 each!!! Needless to say, this is the only numbered Foxx music release I currently lack in my Record Cell, so I bought that immediately and messaged two friends about the other two. One of them got a copy himself. The seller told me a third party quickly bought the other copy. I'd long since given up getting a copy after scrambling [and failing] in 1998 to score one. So it's a bit premature, but here are my numbers:

Exotour CD - META 003CD - #899/1000
Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour CD - META 0004CD - #400/500
Underpass Remix VIP CDr - META 32VCD - #156/?
Underpass Remix 12" - META 32V - #397/500

Does anyone know how many copies of the "Underpass" remix CDr were made?
Posted By: barnbrook Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 01/06/14 01:14 PM
hi it is jonathan barnbrook, the designer of the limited edition vinyl.
just to clear things up about this: 530 copies were printed and stamped. 30 were kept back they were for myself, metamatic records, the artists and cargo. the rest that is, 500 only went on sale. the ones that were kept back were a few of the early ones and some random ones all the way through.

with something like this the edition is very carefully controlled. there are no duplicates, and no numbers beyond 530. i know because i did it all the stamping and numbering myself. i marked each one when it was stamped 3 times. see photo in this link:

http://twitpic.com/dreo3u

dear postpunkmonk. the image used is not your cover. it was a mock-up done before the cover was printed. the numbering is different. your real copy will have a dash at the beginning rather than a zero. also the stamp for the main title is different.

hope that clears up any confusion with the numbering as i was very careful to make sure everything was accounted for and correct.

jonathan

Posted By: Birdsong Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 01/06/14 06:11 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, jonathan laugh
Posted By: postpunkmonk Re: Post your ltd edition numbers here - 01/10/14 03:57 AM
Originally Posted By: barnbrook
dear postpunkmonk. the image used is not your cover. it was a mock-up done before the cover was printed. the numbering is different. your real copy will have a dash at the beginning rather than a zero. also the stamp for the main title is different.

hope that clears up any confusion with the numbering as i was very careful to make sure everything was accounted for and correct.

jonathan

Thanks for the information. I was talking about the numbered CD-R I have. It is #0156
[img]http://postpunkmonk.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/underpass-cdr.jpg?w=900[/img]

I thought the number stamp looked exactly like the copy in my possession even though my graphic designer senses told me that the soundcloud page image was a mockup.
[img]https://i3.sndcdn.com/artworks-000047904437-jb1ms8-t500x500.jpg?d53bf9f[/img]

I also have the 12" and yes, that has the dash first and the blue title stamp as Mr. Barnbrook relates [and as shown in this scan].
[img]http://postpunkmonk.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/underpass-12r.jpg?w=900[/img]

I just thought the stamp of CD-R #0156 on the mockup looked for all the world like the stamp on my actual CD-R; suggesting that the stamp on my copy was possibly scanned and dropped into his rasterized Photoshop file for print to make the soundcloud image.
© Metamatic