Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#41653 10/27/11 02:05 PM
OP Offline
What I managed to see of this concert I enjoyed. John wasn't due on stage until 9.55 which meant I'd have just about time to watch all the concert but guess what, the venue were running 1/2 hour late. I needed to leave by 11.30 (Last train). I was less than pleased.

I'm going again this evening - I hope the same thing doesn't happen again.

Tara Busch. She was interesting to watch and listen to. Gazelle Twin, some how I was chatting through their set.

Peter

I was there the same night, a great set by John. I managed to miss my train back to Norwich, but what the hell, it's all about the music and I managed to get home by 7.30am ;-)

I thoroughly enjoyed Tara Busch's set - I've got her album and E.P. both of which get regular play. The Gazelle Twin set was kind of okay, much too dark and wasn't too sure about the paper hats the musicians were wearing.

And John's set. Yeah, it was the business and I enjoyed every moment of it. John really does have a stage presence like no other and I certainly believe that many of the acts around nowadays could learn alot from him. I absolutely loved the use of violin, a brilliant move and for me, it totally worked on every track.

Was very cool to meet Tapio Normall from Finland and of course Rob Harris - really enjoyed the chat with him. And then meeting John afterwards was the high-light as I have followed his music virtually from the beginning and the last time I saw him was with Ultravox in the late 70's. What a gent he is too.

I was going to go to the Foxxgate meeting at the Griffin, but I had forgotten to make a note of the road it was on. I ended walking all the way down Clerkenwell Lane to the Griffin (the wrong one) and found that it was a lap-dancing joint. Didn't have enough spare cash with me otherwise I might have gone for the diversion <sniggers like a schoolboy>.

Took loads of pics but not too many came out very well as my camera whilst good at taking pics in low light, isn't so keen on things that move in low light. A shame as I have a couple of pics of Hannah that would have been corkers had they not been blurred. And wasn't she a looker???!!!

So here's a few pics I took:

Tara Busch, XOYO London, U.K. 25th October 2011 by manof2worlds, on Flickr

Tara Busch, XOYO London, U.K. 25th October 2011 by manof2worlds, on Flickr

John Foxx, XOYO London, U.K. 25th October 2011 by manof2worlds, on Flickr

Great Pictures Neal,glad you enjoyed it.

Brian

M
M
Fabulous pics of Tara Busch, Neal. Really like the second photo of John. cool

Yes great pics neil, as I've commented on flickr. Pity about the Hannah Peel ones though .. (nudge nudge, wink wink)

B
B
Wow, excellent pictures, Neil. I remember you after the gig, but we weren't properly introduced. Hope you enjoyed it!

@Brigid: were you the lady waiting to say goodbye to John when the weird bloke was rubbing John's feet?

@Brian,<r. Ilektrik and MemberD: many thanks for your kind comments :-) I want a DSLR now though - lol

Perhaps one support band will be enough - so John could start a bit earlier and no-one have to rush for the last train or tube. I managed to see both XOYO gigs until the end (though I had to run for the tube afterwards) but I saw some guys leaving before the encore. A real shame! 'cause I guess they wanted to see John in the first place - and not 2 support acts before.

The gig's of John and the Maths were brilliant!!! I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks to John and the Maths for these shows.

Great to meet so many forum members again!

As for the support bands: Best band was Xeno & Oaklander for me.

Not great quality but thought I'd share.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by John Taylor; 10/29/11 09:33 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.