Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
B
B
Thanks! It's good to know who I'm looking for at these gigs. smile

Church Puddle--it'll be great to see you, haven't seen you since Roundhouse!

Brian--I will look for you at Leamington--drop me a Twitter message if any kind of meetup develops...

Core Memory--re: "Maths groupie"--LOL, perhaps--more of a Foxx junkie, I think. Given that I flew to England 5 times in 2009 for Foxx events...at least for these gigs, I only have to pay plane fare once!

T
T
Originally Posted By: Brian
Originally Posted By: the church puddle
I'm going to the Bristol gig. Hope to see you there Brigid!

I will also be at Bristol as well as Leamington.

Brian

Cool, but we'll have to skip the Czech lagers this time ... I need to be with it enough to get the last train!

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Note to everyone going to the Interplay gigs

As you know, Rob and I are working on a major update to this website. As part of that, we intend to host galleries etc linking from pages dedicated to every John Foxx gig there's ever been.
Interplay tour takes that to well over 350...

So if you are going to a gig next week and come away with some decent photos, a review or other anecdotes, we'd love to compile them into the archive. The more content we can have on the site, the more definitive metamatic.com will once again become.

In the immediate short term, there'll be a topic for each gig so we can share stories etc, where people can link to their own photosets or blogs etc.

I know Facebook / Twitter / YouTube etc lead the way these days with this kind of thing, but posting links to your material from here will bolster the archive and contribute towards our site review. We'd like our galleries to stand the test of time and be a permanent record of John's work, so if you can submit material to us for that we'd be really grateful.
It will all be credited, and will in turn link back to individual contributors own sites etc

There's a plethora of really good John Foxx blogs and sites etc, and its a fun challenge keeping on top of what's going on at them all.
I'm quite keen to follow Alex's lead with his Quiet City Updates thread - encourage everyone that produces Foxx-related media to use this forum as a gateway to updates and messages etc.

Thanks.

And for the record - I'll be at Xoyo on 27th. Look forward to meeting some of you there. No pictures, mind ;D

Last edited by Birdsong; 10/10/11 08:29 PM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Does anyone know if Townsend have sent the tickets out yet?

M
M
I'm going to the Leamington Spa gig. Won't be getting there until about 7:30 - 7:45. Would like to meet up with other forum members if possible, in the venue.

Mark Henson

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
An interview with John Foxx ahead of the gig in Liverpool :

http://www.peterguy.merseyblogs.co.uk/2011/10/john-foxx.html

"Liverpool has always thrown up some interesting people…"

John Foxx And the Maths play the Stanley Theatre, Liverpool on 22nd

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Ticket for Leamington Spa just handed to me by the postman. How's that for timing!

cool

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Fantastic! Just heard that Brigid is on her way.

Enjoy the show!!!

T
T
Originally Posted By: Mr.Ilektrik
Ticket for Leamington Spa just handed to me by the postman. How's that for timing!

cool

Excellent Mark!

I'm due in Leamington at about 6:30, and I will seeking out a Bacchanalian dive for a pre gig pint. Look forward to seeing you in Assembly. smile

Brigid and Mateybloke live tweeting from Leamington Spa!
Hannah Peel also tweeted
"After 2 wks in a basement, we are in a park...later playing a gig."

twitpic from matey:

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.