Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

I've not been on here for a little while, so excuse me if this is already being organised, but can I suggest The Griffin on Leonard Street as a place to meet up for the London XOYO gigs?

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/38/3837/Griffin/Shoreditch

Address: 93, Leonard St, London, EC2A 4RD

It's about a 2 minute walk from the venue, and has Truman beers - a bit of a rarity these days. Is that OK? Let me know.

Administrator
Administrator
Works for me. Truman beers are well worth the effort

Cheers Garry - look forward to it

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
If okay with you Garry, I may just have to join in with this on the 25th :-)

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Birdsong
Works for me. Truman beers are well worth the effort

Cheers Garry - look forward to it

Originally Posted By: Geigertek
If okay with you Garry, I may just have to join in with this on the 25th :-)

Mornin! Everyone's welcome guv! smile *

(*...although some people might get annoyed if Joe Dolce turned up, we're not those people)

Looks suitably 'gritty' .. is the Old Street overgrown?

F
F
I'll be in London for the 27th gig, where do I sign up Garry? wink
Anyone there from the 26th onwards for a beer?
Any beer will do b.t.w. wink

fons

Last edited by fons; 10/15/11 09:21 PM.
We will be in London for the 25th and 27th gig.

Looking forward to meet some of you at the Griffin (Thank you Garry!)

What time are you in the pub Garry?

Administrator
Administrator
Good question. I'll be arriving in Waterloo around 3pm and walking across the city. Can meet up with anyone anywhere if that suits, otherwise will catch up at pub / venue

Still seems A VERY long way off... frown

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Thank you Garry for organising the venue. I will try to get there about 5.30 ish.

Peter

OP Offline
I'll get there about 5ish for both dates. Don't know if you all got the news about the XOYO gigs from Townsend? Well, just in case you didn't;

It has been confirmed that tickets are not being posted for the shows on the 25th and 27th, please take either a copy of your order confirmation or order number with you to the venue, your details will be on the door.
 Regards, Townsend Records

Administrator
Administrator
I wonder why not??

I got an e-ticket from through some artrocker portal or other...

Me too. But I got only one for the 27th. The 25th ticket I have to pick up at the doors.

See you next week...

Hi,

I'm heading into London for the XOYO on the 25th - is the meet at the Griffin definitely on? If so, what will be the meet time? And last question - how do I recognise anyone??!!!

I'm 46 years old and more excited than a 12 year old school boy at the moment about the whole day. Looking forward to meeting a few of you :-)

Administrator
Administrator
At times, the Foxxgates this time of day have usually been 'the only group of people of similar age dressed in black or Foxx t-shirts' so when you walk into a pub its faily obvious who they are.

You can generally get a sort of "feeling"... ;D

Good answer!!! :-D

Right then:

1. Who's going to the XOYO gig on the 27th?
2. Anyone going VIP? (I stumped up!)
3. So: it's the Griffin in Leonard St. around 6-ish??
4. Is anyone else staying at The Hoxton...or is it just me?

In other news: I'm afraid I may break I may break the 'Monochrome Set' at any Foxxgate...as I don't wear black! (Please be kind: I had a difficult clothing upbringing...).

Cheers all

C

PS: squeee! That is all.

Administrator
Administrator
I'll be there on 27th.

I'm like Cromlech (above) - easy to recognise as we both look like our avatars...

wink

Last edited by Birdsong; 10/23/11 06:14 PM.

Originally Posted By: Birdsong

I'm like Cromlech (above) - easy to recognise as we both look like our avatars...

wink

(stunned silence)

C

F
F
27 as well, and I still look like this > smile

see you soon!
fons

B
B
I will be at the Griffin on Leonard St. around 4:00 today, so if you haven't met me before, look out for an American with long brown/red hair that looks like she hasn't slept in about 10 years.

Martin--not sure if you're coming today or Thursday (can't remember), but if you're at a loose end when you get to London you can call me. I'll send you my number via direct message on your Twitter.

And Garry--I will give you a call as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Administrator
Administrator
That's great Brigid - Thanks. I look forward to meeting you again. Do send a DM via Twitter and I'll text you

Only Thursday gig for me. I'm planning to be at Waterloo about 2.30pm and so will wander up towards The Griffin via some of the 'odd spots' and historic churches in London.
I'm not intending to get up to the gig in time for soundchecking etc because this doesn't inspire me as a priority sorry to say. If I'm there, then I will of course go in and see Rob etc, catch up with Steve but que sera, sera...

Last time I did this, I sat in a Polish church for half an hour somewhere and a young girl came in and played a broken piano for a while. It was a magical moment.

B
B

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.