Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Any news about these remasters?

I'm very keen of hearing the bonus tracks. I listened to Shifting City again - what an excellent album. I know some people don't like it much but for me it is brilliant; especially for it's sound. It sounded more simple and rough as the other CD's with Louis but for me it is exact this! what it makes an excellent album.

I would love to hear more stuff of that period - and all in a remastered sound - GREAT!

Perhaps we can get it on the T-shirt gig in November???!!!

smile Andreas

I also played 'Shifting City' very recently and have to agree with the need for a remaster, due mostly not to the sound quality, but the sound level as its low compared to the later albums.

I tend to agree with Newvox. It's not that the album is that bad it just needs remastering the sound levels are awful. There are some good songs on it. I'm 99% sure this is one album that'll I notice the difference.

I'm looking forward to the remastered version. Still curious of the bonus tracks. I'm guessing that whatever the bonus tracks are going to be they'll be songs that missed the original release.

Peter

L
L
Shifting City is an amazing album,fetches ridiculous prices now on Amazon & eBay.The sleeve still sends me into a Sapphire & Steel shiver.
Pleasures of Electricity I have only ever liked 2 or 3 tracks.It seemed really rushed and putting a dodgy pastiche of Underpass on it was unforgiveable in my opinion.Sonically well recorded though!

M
M
Opposition ahoy!! "The Pleasures Of Electricity" is perhaps my biggest favourite among many great John Foxx records. I bought my copy from Mr Foxx himself at Wembley music fair 2001 but that's not why I like it so much, the music is.

F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
I also played 'Shifting City' very recently and have to agree with the need for a remaster, due mostly not to the sound quality, but the sound level as its low compared to the later albums.
So turn the volume up on your hi-fi! wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the sound level on "shifting city" is not "low" - it's basically jus' flat & has almost no dynamic range , so it's in need of a proper remastering for sure !

Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
Quote:
[b] I also played 'Shifting City' very recently and have to agree with the need for a remaster, due mostly not to the sound quality, but the sound level as its low compared to the later albums.
So turn the volume up on your hi-fi! wink [/b]
It was Alex who made me notice it was low, or flat as Olaf said. But thanks for the advice F1, nice to see our collective qualifications have not gone to waste. wink

Quote:
Glad it was not just me who noticed.

F
F
Auch well Shifting City was probably recorded on ADATs or sthg, at 16bit.
(I'm guessing).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.