Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Details of a new double CD version of Metamatic over on John's MySpace page.... wink

great news, although i already have 2 different cd-versions... so this might be a bit like the rumoured metamatica?

This is great news. Any spectulation as to what the bonus tracks will be. Now there's food for thought on a wet dismal bank holiday week end in the UK.
Peter smile

Must admit i dont go to Johns myspace page often, but this is great news. And yes, fingers crossed for it including SOME 'Metamatica'

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for the link Alex.
Here's the text, for those who can't/don't get the myspace page:-

Metamatic this autumn

"We are currently working on a double CD version of the classic 1980 album Metamatic, which will include some previously unheard material, for an autumn 2007 release. John Foxx will also perform the Metamatic album at various shows in the autumn, including a rare festival appearance at Bestival, Isle of Wight, on Friday 7 September. Look out for some more announcements very soon!…"

Excellent news indeed.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Luvly jubbly smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Excellent news indeed.
i can only 2nd that ! :-)

it seems that 2007 will be a good year for some further re-releases of john's backcatalogue with interesting new bonus trax on them ! ;-)

Administrator
Administrator
I hope this is a re-mastered original, with all the appropraite analogue sounds reproduced properly?
I'm not a massive fan of the 2001 Edsel version.

The new versions, while EXCELLENT - and I can't wait for the live shows - aren't quite as good as the originals. Someone explained about the new digital repro of those old sounds far better than I can…
They work brilliantly live, but I'm not a huge fan of the versions on "Live From A Room" for instance.

Didn't mean this to sound so negative eek

It's excitng news - roll on September!!!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
I only know the Edsel version of Metamatic and it just sounds great to me. I'd be curious to know what you find disappointing about it, sonically?

Are they obvious differences, or things you need superhuman hearing to pick out? wink

The sound quality on the edsel versions is a lot better than the early 'metamatic' and 'the garden' cds Alex, but not by too much compared to some bands 'remastered' albums. But the original 'metamatic' cd had a track called 'young love' as a bonus track. Other slight problems with the edsel discs is the bonus tracks are of an higher sound volume than the album tracks, and some are lower. The artwork on the edsels are IMO improved though.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.