Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
#37699 11/26/07 07:36 PM
Back in Hamburg again.

I really enjoyed both shows!!!! The Luminaire was a great decision for these gigs!

A big THANK YOU to John and Louis for this great setlist!!! Two of my voted songs were played; Uptown/Downtown and Shadow Man (hee, hee).I told John S.M. is my Nickname and he said "so your name was mentioned very often"... laugh
All songs were fantastic and again, it was worth the travel from Hamburg to London!

It was nice to met some old friends and some "new" people. As it was told here; the atmosphere was very warm and friendly.Richard and Craig - hope you are well now... laugh

Thanks Rob, for the info the shows are recorded and filmed. Saw a guy with a videocamera in the background.

I'm very glad I was there and met you all again. Hope I can work it out for the next show...in 2008?!

Absolutely great!...

wink Shadowmandreas

#37700 11/26/07 07:45 PM
There were video cameras on tripods at the Birmingham Barfly,so maybe the Metamatic tour was filmed as well.

As for Maryanns playback problem,this is easily solved if a double sided DVD is produced.Side 1 in Pal format/side 2 in NTSC,all set to DVD Region 0.

I have a few DVDs like this from other bands.This allows the DVD to be played worlwide.

I suppose this would be governed by production costs.

#37701 11/26/07 08:08 PM
F
F
Hello people,

i made it back to Rotterdam as well.
One day later as planned, traffic in London caused me to miss my flight and stay overnight on the floor of Stansted airport from Sunday night up to 4AM this morning.
Had to buy another ticket for a bucket load of money, ending up in the wrong town (Amsterdam) with easyJet instead.
Anyway, despite the travel-delay it was all worth it!! laugh

Both gigs we're great!
The organization was fine...all who disagreed with the way it turned out to be didn't go anyway i guess.

The venue was nice and small, and good sound.
They didn't overdo it with the volume, a big +
John & Louis enjoyed themselves as well as far as i could see...and so did most of the audience smile

Only got to say hi to Robin quickly, my pictures turned out quite nice btw! smile

Summing it up, thanks to all who attended for making this a fun experience!

Pictures following soon!
regards,
fons

#37702 11/26/07 08:19 PM
T
T
So was the Cargo gig recorded too? because the back projection footage was a great addition.

I put up a clip of A Million Cars and will put up the others when I get home.{Miles Away/Dancing LIke A Gun/Europe After The Rain)

www.youtube.com/tokyohunter

My take on the T-Shirt gig idea is that it seems to have been done with the best of intentions, I guess based on the feedback it will remain a one off.

John Foxx gigs still amaze me that he can be playing at that level and still be outside the the radar of most people.I guess he will be one of those artists who's body of work will probably outlive that of those more currently "well-known" from the younger ranks of bands.

#37703 11/26/07 08:36 PM
Well summed Fons and Shadowman. I'm glad to hear that coming from outside the UK made the trip well worth the effort and expense.

One thing I noticed at the end of each set John and Louis gave each other a hug, which I thought was nice. I'd never seen them do that before.

Peter smile

#37704 11/26/07 09:35 PM

#37705 11/26/07 10:03 PM
I see Michael Barker has posted a very clear version of Europe After the Rain

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E__vh-JqjMU

#37706 11/26/07 10:04 PM
Administrator
Administrator
On the back of this I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts video clips of John up at YouTube.

Notwithstanding the legalities/moralities etc etc of this, its amassing into quite a collection and gives everyone a real flavour of the live shows.
The sound quality of most of them is not at all bad...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#37707 11/26/07 10:09 PM
The quality is a lot better before Youtube's video encoders get hold of it.All mine were vga Quicktimes,30fps.If John or Rob or Steve objected I'd be happy to take all mine down.I think all that upload them are providing a valuable service to all the fans.

Its all free publicity at the end of the day.

I agree,there's quite a body of work for Foxxvox & John on Youtube.

I'm more than willing to pay for the official DVD. laugh

#37708 11/26/07 10:31 PM
The Youtube search index has finally updated.

Making Movies (with weird colours but good sound)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iT04szd_GKY

Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.