Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27
#37669 11/26/07 03:13 PM
Looks like it was a great couple of gigs judging by the setlist. I was also surprised 'The Garden' never made it either, but at least it was still voted for in some degree.

I think fans used their votes mostly for tracks they had never heard live before and so this turned up the some what suprising results.

#37670 11/26/07 03:15 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Even though I couldn't justify going, you have to hand it to the team for putting on two shows in one day - one free* and the other at such a low price, I can't imagine how or even if John and Louis made any money out of it!

I always viewed the idea of this show as a special show for the fans as a labour of love from John and Louis (and everyone else involved).

Too much overblown criticism will result in this kind of event not happening again.

#37671 11/26/07 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Too much overblown criticism will result in this kind of event not happening again.
I feel sorry for those who had problems concerning the event, but yes lets keep it in context to what was a successful few days. Remember what happened with the last good news of 'Metamatic's' release. :rolleyes:

#37672 11/26/07 03:26 PM
Again Rob I'd like to thank you personally for time and effort that went into organising this special event along with others. I'm certainly glad that I went. I was amazed just how quickly the day flew by from the moment I met Shadowman at Euston station.

It was fantastic to see so many John Foxx fans in one location and be able to chat with them.

The queue started to form about 15.30 outside the Luminaire. A couple of people passing by asked what we were queuing for. Someone joked drugs. When we got into the venue I was surprised how small it was but it was quite cosy. The ceiling was quite low. I was worried if Louis started to jump up and down he'd bang his head. I managed to get a place near the front.

John came out on stage about 16.05 with Louis and straight into Swimmer 2 which set the atmosphere for what followed. OK there were a few minor errors but it has already been said "that's live music"

It was over too quickly. We were asked to leave the Luminaire about 20 minutes after the show and we went back to the Black Lion and awaited the second show.

For the second show I stood nearer the stage and again while waiting for John I chatted to several people. The one good thing about the Luminaire is the backgrund music was at a comfortable level and it was easy to converse while waiting without having to resort to shouting.

Not much I can say about the second set but it was still as refreshing as the first.

We hung arond after the show and I managed to chat with John and he's having a deserved rest until the new year.

Craig I hope you have fully recovered laugh laugh

I know a lot of effort went into arranging this event. It's difficult to know what would happen until the actual day. Even with everyones fears about not getting in, I felt it turned out extremely well.
Peter smile

#37673 11/26/07 03:29 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
[b]Too much overblown criticism will result in this kind of event not happening again.
I feel sorry for those who had problems concerning the event, but yes lets keep it in context to what was a successful few days. Remember what happened with the last good news of 'Metamatic's' release. :rolleyes: [/b]
Yes and what happened with the EV forum last year - ie when it got closed! The Metamatic forum has enjoyed a largely good and mature first year, so let's keep it that way.

#37674 11/26/07 03:30 PM
H
H
Quote:
I wouldn't say that the criticism has been either excessive or overblown (well, maybe in one instance.) A few people, myself included, expressed reservations about the entry format and how it would/did put us off attending.

To do this is not to detract from the quality of the event or diminish in any way the excellent efforts of all involved with these and other gigs which I have been able to attend.

#37675 11/26/07 03:33 PM
Oops double posted frown

#37676 11/26/07 03:33 PM
][/QUOTE]Yes and what happened with the EV forum last year - ie when it got closed! The Metamatic forum has enjoyed a largely good and mature first year, so let's keep it that way. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I agree with totally Alex 100%.

It's hard to please all of the people all of the time.

Peter smile

#37677 11/26/07 03:34 PM
You felt strongly enough to say it twice wink

#37678 11/26/07 03:48 PM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
No, we understood that some people would be concerned (hence the decision to add the second show), it was just that some reactions were so extreme.
LOL but Rob, you're dealing with "fans" here. People who are by definition somewhat obsessive and have an avid interest in something obscure that the vast majority of society couldn't care less about. Nutters, in other words ;-)
Personally I think John Foxx fans are extremely nice and well behaved compared to most bands' smile

Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.