Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27
#37639 11/25/07 08:11 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Most excellent - what a great show!!
Both sets were the same?
so now I'm wondering whether the second one was better, given the 'warm up' of the first show?

I had predicted 'Gun', 'Europe' and 'Miles Away' but 'Camera' is a real bonus. I even voted for it myself!!!
One or two of the others seem (to me at least) surprising choices - esp 'Sailing on Sunshine' to end with..?

I'd say Shadow Man was a surprise vote (fine, fine choice tho - Andreas must have been ecstatic!! - like Alex (and I'm sure many others) I was convinced the set would end with The Garden, which would kind of set the scene for the album sometime next year.

Superb stuff John and Louis - and thanks everyone for filling us all in with the details of a night to remember laugh

I'd be very interested in seeing the results of the Poll to see what else was popular but not played.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#37640 11/25/07 08:40 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I'd be very interested in seeing the results of the Poll to see what else was popular but not played.
Yeah, no problem - though I'll probably only post the top twenty, 'cos after that it all kinda levelled out with most songs in Johns catalogue getting one or two votes each.

Anyhow, despite what I said earlier, here are a couple of shots from last nights show...

Enjoy... wink

Rob

#37641 11/25/07 09:30 PM
Thanks Rob for adding the photo's.
I had a brilliant night. It was so nice to be able to meet with some new forum members and of course it was nice to the see the some ol' faces that I've known for a long time.

The set list was a surprise to me but not knowing what to expect gave the evening an element of surprise.

This is only my opinion but I was a tad disapointed that both sets were identical but I won't let that spoil what was a very enjoyable occasion and it was nice to be able to meet John afterwards even if was in the passage behind the stage and of course Louis in came into the bar area to plug his new album.

Peter smile

#37642 11/25/07 09:40 PM
It was great to be told that there were 70 tickets held back with less than a week to go!

The train fair from Hull to London was £41 return in October, when I got this news, I thought I might come down anyway...

The price was now £97 return because it's classed as "last minute"

So I decided not to bother.

& to think there have been people paying silly money on ebay because they believed the show was sold out. I bet it wasn't even half full.

I will no longer be posting on here. I shall avoid these "gimmick" events in the future & have already thrown away my T-Shirt as this whole thing has left a foul taste in my mouth.

The other thing is the fact that it had been mentioned that the set lists would be different, which was another one of my reasons for wanting to attend both shows. Yet another facade. frown

#37643 11/25/07 09:48 PM
H Offline
Thanks Rob,

I can just make out my forehead behind John's keyboard LOL! smile

#37644 11/25/07 09:59 PM
Short clip of Shadowman from the 1st show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOqtIFUIhWY

Enjoy

#37645 11/25/07 10:39 PM
C
C
Quote:
I will no longer be posting on here. I shall avoid these "gimmick" events in the future & have already thrown away my T-Shirt as this whole thing has left a foul taste in my mouth.
Extremely sorry that you feel like this ! However your input since last December has hardly been scintillating. Can you let us have your address so we can send you a t-shirt to replace the one you inadvertently threw away .. May I also give you the telephone number of Hull Trains or GNER to complain about the rail ticket price.

A lot of people work hard to make this sort of thing happen so think about what you type.

Best
Chris Curran
Lighting Designer for John Foxx

#37646 11/25/07 10:53 PM
Concrete,bulletproof,invisible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjWhg5H07o8

#37647 11/25/07 11:37 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
this whole thing has left a foul taste in my mouth.
The idea wasn't perfect, and it hasn't worked out for you, but give them credit for trying something new. Clearly everyone involved put in a lot of effort and the show was a good one.

I invited along a Foxx virgin and he had a great time. He especially liked "Camera". Like other people, I didn't recognise CBI, and I was surprised there was no "Garden" - it would've been the perfect encore. I guess they're saving it up for the next tour!

Happy to get my hands on a couple of Louis' CDs (see my comments in the other thread) and shake his hand. A

#37648 11/25/07 11:57 PM
Neuro Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zow1khTLfBY

That's all folks.

Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.