Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
#36565 03/28/11 08:53 AM
Oh I missed Credo there - so it's done well in the indie charts, with a positioning at 44 in the overall album chart. How come Interplay isn't in the top 100 then? Oh, I don't know how these things work!!

They've both charted. That's the main thing!!

#36566 03/28/11 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Furniture:
Am I the only one? I love Interplay of course but I cant say that its the best thing since Metamatic or IMW. John and Louis's songs like "Impossible" and "a million cars" are superb. They are just as good!

I actually really like "watching a building on fire" the most so far. Hearing that girls voice with John's is something really different..
Got my copy on Friday and had a few listens since. My favourite track is Summerland . It was in my ears the whole weekend. But there are some other nice tracks like Evergreen, The Good Shadow, Catwalk and..., -last in the list for me is Running Man. I think it is a really great album with a nice cover, but I think too, like Furniture, - it's not John's best album since Metamatic. But it is great John is back with new "fresh" music. Hope John and Benge will do some gigs this year (after Troxy) - would be nice to see/hear them live again with their analogue synths. Wonderful Sound!

#36567 03/28/11 09:55 AM
"The Good Shadow" and "Watching a Building On Fire" are the tracks that I can personally take or leave. I'm not such a fan of Ladytron, so hearing John with Mira Aroyo doesn't do much for me (don't like her voice), although it is interesting to hear John's first ever duet!

After a week of continuous plays, it's "Summerland", "A Falling Star" and "Catwalk" that really stand out as the strongest tracks on the album for me.

Interplay would certainly make my John Foxx "top 5", alongside The Pleasures of Electricity, Metamatic and From Trash and The Garden.

#36568 03/28/11 10:21 AM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b] And Interplay is number 26 on the official indie charts!
That's a really interesting chart. I didn' realise Adele was an 'independent' artist. I bet some majors are really kicking themselves.
(Credo at no. 9 I see wink ) [/b]
Its Independent alright!

Daniel O'Donnell at number 6 :rolleyes:

C'mon John and Benge, this chart race is like the Wacky Races. Its time to pull-out the Penelope Pitstop's, crank up the Crimson Haybailer, load up the Bulletproof Bomb, and as Austin Powers would likely say: 'polish up the Compact Pussy' and zoom off in the Interplay Turbo Terrific all the way to the finish line and number one... laugh

#36569 03/28/11 12:28 PM
J
J
Well, my copy of Interplay arrived in Australia today.

First impressions are extremely positive, and I'm just sticking it on for my second listen now. It's too early to really highlight favourites, but so far there aren't any songs that I don't like! The packaging is really nice as well, and I'm looking forward to my next few trips into uni because I'll be cranking this on the ipod.

#36570 03/28/11 03:53 PM
Great to have a John Foxx release with John's unique lyrics and vocals again wink . Summerland & Interplay for me at the moment...can hear loads of early Ultravox in this release..

#36571 03/28/11 03:54 PM
I think it's safe to say there's a bit of almost every John Foxx album hidden somewhere on Interplay!

#36572 03/28/11 04:09 PM
S
S
Definitely a lot more talking points & a more positive response to this album.

#36573 03/28/11 04:40 PM
It's great to see John back in the charts again. What a boost! I think I'll print that indie album chart and frame it laugh

#36574 03/29/11 06:21 AM
R
R
Summerland is the stand-out track for me. Although it's electronic instrumentation, as opposed to conventional, it sounds as though it could have come from somewhere in The Garden period. A couple of the other tracks are growers.

Cheers ...

Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.