Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#34864 08/14/08 11:33 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I'll post it at the other place too, but thought Foxx fans might like to see this.

New to me - an excellent interview with the earliest post-Foxx band while on tour in the US during the winter of 1979/1980

http://www.library.ubc.ca/archives/pdfs/ubyssey/UBYSSEY_1980_01_25.pdf

(pages 9 and 12)

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#34865 08/15/08 01:17 PM
Great find and interesting read.

Anyone notice the prices advertised for the stereo equipment?

#34866 08/15/08 06:53 PM
Nice interview. Thanks for the link Martin.

"Boring old fart" not a nice way to descibe our John.

Peter

#34867 08/15/08 07:53 PM
Cheers for posting this Martin.

Was Warren really a hair dresser? laugh

#34868 08/15/08 09:44 PM
Tar for the linky. Always interesting to hear 'why they split' stories etc.

#34869 08/15/08 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
"Boring old fart" not a nice way to descibe our John.
Yes, I noticed that also. mad

#34870 08/16/08 05:34 AM
I going to have to be brutually honest here:

As much as I admire Warren, (Because of him, I started taking up drumming), I have to say if (and I stress, if) the interview is accurate (though I'm unsure of it myself) and Warren really did say that John was a "boring old fart" then it was rather rude of him to say that, not to mention very degrading and cruel frown . As far I know, John never spoke ill of his former bandmates (this includes Warren) in his interviews (did he?). If Warren's comment isn't true then I'll withdraw my statement smile .

As for Warren being a hairdresser (that's where I get a bit suss about this interview), well that's news to me confused . I would like to hear Rob and Cerise's opinion on this claim smile . The only person that I could think of that worked as a hairdresser before making it big as a musician would be Mike Score of 'A Flock Of Seagulls'...

Rant over smile

#34871 08/16/08 11:53 AM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Sans Frontieres:
I going to have to be brutually honest here:

As much as I admire Warren, (Because of him, I started taking up drumming), I have to say if (and I stress, if) the interview is accurate (though I'm unsure of it myself) and Warren really did say that John was a "boring old fart" then it was rather rude of him to say that, not to mention very degrading and cruel frown . As far I know, John never spoke ill of his former bandmates (this includes Warren) in his interviews (did he?). If Warren's comment isn't true then I'll withdraw my statement smile .
I'm afraid that I can't possibly comment on this as it's an interview from almost thirty years ago... I'm sure that no-one will remember what was (or wasn't) said.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sans Frontieres:
As for Warren being a hairdresser (that's where I get a bit suss about this interview), well that's news to me confused . I would like to hear Rob and Cerise's opinion on this claim smile . The only person that I could think of that worked as a hairdresser before making it big as a musician would be Mike Score of 'A Flock Of Seagulls'...
Somewhere I have a picture of Warren cutting Midge's hair... honest... I do... somewhere... I'll try and dig it out and post it here.

Rob

#34872 08/16/08 12:27 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
There's a part of me that regrets posting reference to what seems to be a 'controversial' interview.

There's so much more archive value in this than what was said or not at a time when emotions and tension was running high in the band. That is why I thought it was of interest - it will be a real shame if one or two comments from it are taken out of context and become more significant than they should.

I really hope this hasn't caused any offense to John or members of Ultravox, and I apologise if that is the case.
Certainly wasn't the intention.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#34873 08/17/08 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Birdsong:

Quote:
There's a part of me that regrets posting reference to what seems to be a 'controversial' interview.
You shouldn't have anything to regret. After all your intentions for posting the link were, as you said earlier, for archive value. smile

All I was only trying to do in my previous post was state my opinion on the matter regarding Warren's comment on John. But in the process, I might have slightly over-reacted and for that I apologise. smile

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.