Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#20902 06/07/10 06:48 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
We don't seem to have a thread for Orch Men and the first new album from the original line-up in 24 years coming up, presumably, in autumn with tour etc.

BTW I read here today that they'll also be performing at the World Expo in China with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra

#20903 06/24/10 06:59 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
History of Modern products start here...

they're doing Sounds-of-the-Universe style box sets with T shirt, DVD, vinyl issue, exclusive demos, book etc...oh and the CD.
http://omd.sandbag.uk.com/Store/DII-161-5-history+of+modern++limited+edition+box+set+++tshirt.html

Fifty quid and it's your guv'nor ..

#20904 06/24/10 07:02 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
History of Modern tracklist:

UK release: September 20th

Side One

1.New Babies: New Toys
2. If You Want It
3.History Of Modern (part I)
4. History Of Modern (part II)
5. Sometimes
6. RFWK
7. New Holy Ground

Side Two
8. The Future, The Past, and Forever After
9. Sister Mary Says
10. Pulse
11. The Night
12. Bondage Of Fate
13. The Right Side?

#20905 06/24/10 08:53 AM
After hearing that awful 'Liberator'-style Sister Marie Says demo, I think I'll wait until I've heard some of the album before buying it any format. I heard an album sampler a few weeks ago and I wasn't impressed to be honest.

#20906 06/24/10 10:03 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I'm just worried that the merchandising and all the expensive extras serve to cover up the sub-standard music, which is what it's all about really...isn't it?
confused
Call me sad and old but I long for the days when you just needed to get the album and a couple of singles for the B sides and that was it, you had it all...
frown
..but maybe I just say that cos I'm envious of those who can afford to splash out on all the extras..
mad

#20907 07/13/10 11:20 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
"If You Want It" is apparently a kind of "Walking on the Milky Way" kind of song ... Andy McCluskey of OMD had this to say:
Quote:
yes, I was pastiching Walking On The Milky Way. It's a song I actually wrote for somebody else. But you know what? It's a f*cking good song. I don't care. They're variations on a theme. Artists are allowed to do it so why can't musicians."
:rolleyes:

#20908 08/17/10 09:15 AM
You can listen to the opening track called New Babies New Toys off the new OMD album "History Of Modern" via Spin Online Magazine.

The track for me says OMD ARE BACK! this track has balls on first listen you think WTF but play it again and it blows you away, hints of Joy Division on this one too. As a track opener on the album it certainly makes a statement!

OMD - Article & the track New Babies New Toys

Gary

#20909 08/18/10 10:02 AM
H
H
As an OMD fan from the early days who lost interest in them when they went bland for the American market in the mid 1980s, I was really looking forward to this new album. Unfortunately the bits I've heard so far sound more like an OMD tribute band doing a series of weak OMD pastiches, and that cringeworthy new video doesn't help. Perhaps some bands are better left in the past?

#20910 08/18/10 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
As an OMD fan from the early days who lost interest in them when they went bland for the American market in the mid 1980s, I was really looking forward to this new album. Unfortunately the bits I've heard so far sound more like an OMD tribute band doing a series of weak OMD pastiches, and that cringeworthy new video doesn't help. Perhaps some bands are better left in the past?
I couldn't add to that - totally agree with every word. And I was really, really looking forward to the idea this album promised.

#20911 08/18/10 02:16 PM
Oh Dear
More like OMG for all the wrong reasons

Sorry guys your better days are well and truly behind you.
One mans music is another mans noise I guess!!!!

#20912 08/18/10 09:27 PM
M
M
"It's about the machinery of the music industry and all these willing volunteers who get themselves up on to X Factor and Pop Idol [England's version of American Idol] and have Simon Cowell inflict them upon us and upon themselves," McCluskey tells SPIN.com. "Particularly in England -- Simon Cowell is singlehandedly responsible for some of the most ******* awful music in the last 15 years that's been inflicted on the entire planet."

Yeah! & imagine the state of the pop industry if 'Atomic Kitten' were still going as well. eek

#20913 08/20/10 06:21 PM
Ehmmm ... I kinda like the songs I heard so far, I think ... :rolleyes:
For example: I'd rather have David Bowie doing a 'Low 2' album. And I'd rather NOT have DB trying to incorporate the next hype, say dubstep ...

#20914 08/22/10 02:54 PM
C
C
sorry Gary I have to agree with the other opinions posted here.

Its certainly a poppy and catchy song, and musically its OMD of the later period, and may well get them back in the charts, perhaps, but I think the lyrics are really naff, and fluffy as any pop nonsense can be:
"Cream will float, but sh!t will sell" :rolleyes:

Attacking X-Factor (much as I'm want to be sarcastic about it myself) does also seem a bit late in the day now, and there's more worthier things for guys as talented as OMD once were to focus their attention on.

I just don't get it with Andy, he's made various references over the years on programmes I've watched where he has attempted to downplay the serious side of OMD and implied that they shouldn't have got so deep about wanting to change the world with a pop song, and instead have been less idealistic in their approach. Well, I suppose that explains Atomic Kitten then.

Golden period for me is still the first OMD album and through to Dazzle Ships, after that is when the ship sank and I bailed out.

#20915 08/24/10 10:08 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Well maybe it's because I'v just come off a very relaxing rtwo week holiday and I've got out more and had lots of fresh air and sunshine and all that, but I just have to say I REALLY LIKE If You Want It AND the video too...

yes production and everything is a bit OTT and very "rich" sounding (in fact the sparser Villa NAh remix gets the edge) but it's amazingly catchy and a very strong track, just like OMD used to be and obviously still can be.
I wasn't disappointed by the video at all which is a bit Pet Shop Boys-y but that's good .. not much of the McCluskey brothers but a bunch of strapping young "kids" doing something "modern" yes!..if you want a "cringeworthy" OMD video, then they did plenty of those in the 80s!

I was a bit taken aback by New Toys but I'd prefer to listen to it properly in the context of the album.. it may be a strong opening à la New Stone Age or may turn out a bit Black Rose & Universal Wheel .. don't know, we'll see.

#20916 08/24/10 10:34 AM
H
H
30 second previews of each track on the album are now up on iTunes. If you don't have iTunes, one of the guys on the OMD forum has very decently saved the whole preview as an mp3 file on the link below;

http://www.mijnbestand.nl/Bestand-WVBVM366L8FS&download=TLEVSB7NC8DC

Looks like there are at least a couple of tracks to keep us fans of the old-style experimental OMD happy. Maybe I will buy the album after all!

#20917 08/24/10 02:08 PM
Sorry chaps, this ain't for me! wink

I was hoping after seeing OMD live last year, I might be converted.

Sadly not.

#20918 08/25/10 06:23 PM
T
T
Haven't heard anything yet but at least have made the decision to avoid the deluxe version.

For me, most of the first album is great, then three classics and then The Locomotion - the sheer horror. I have a slight soft spot for the Sugartax singles and a few of the later B sides but otherwise ...

#20919 08/26/10 10:36 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

#20920 08/26/10 03:05 PM
N
N
For what it is worth there's a review in this months Q. They give it four stars.

"Even so, while synth-pop might have been oh-so-'80's, a winning way with a rattling pop tune is timeless"

#20921 09/01/10 01:14 PM
J
J
I gotta admit, I guess I'm one of the few who's really digging OMD's new material. I'm quite literally counting down the days for the album to come out (although I'll probably have to order it in Australia, as I doubt I'll see it in retail stores, I'm generally lucky if I come across the "singles" compilation under the various "O" artists).

Undoubtedly "If You Want It" is a pretty disgusting example of synthpop trash, and what possessed them to release it as a first single is beyond me. However "New Babies: New Toys" is my a new favourite, and I'm really pleased with what I've heard of "A History of Modern (Pt 1 + 2)" on youtube.

Bring it on, I say.

#20922 09/01/10 09:07 PM
T
T
I heard the first single at work today. Didn't know it or register it until the end and have no idea if I enjoyed it or not! Will listen out again.

#20923 09/01/10 11:50 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I believe 'If You Want It' really kicks ass, and is one of the best new singles I've heard in ages.

Is it too "80s"?? Is it too OMD?? yes
Will it break the charts?? proabbaly not

Who cares!! Great single if you ask me. It has the immediacy and catchiness that you'd expect and stands out as a perfect choice for drawing attention to the handshakes and re-invention.

Lacks auto-tuning though. Schoolboy error, lads :rolleyes:

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#20924 09/02/10 07:13 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Maybe the lack of auto-tuning is deliberate..to give it an "analogue" feel .. or something..I don't even know what it means but anyway I still thinkit's a strong single . .apparently on the BBC Radio 2 playlist and who can say if they won't go top 20 ?!?!

"o'er the hills and far away.."
cool

#20925 09/06/10 11:38 AM
I
I
Hiya Membs Off to Bergamo in just over 2 hours , whence to John Lennon Airport* When I see Andy McCuskley busking outside Tesco's Metro tomorrow , I'll pass on your regards If I throw him a quid ,I wonder if he'll do "Red Frame/White Light"

*There's also a George Harrison Kwik Save . a Paul McCartney Sainsbury's and a Ringo Starr "50p Shop"

#20926 09/06/10 12:26 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Well bon voyage mon brave and give my regards to Mathew Street..
cool

#20927 09/09/10 09:23 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got a (virtual copy of the) Telegraph, in my hand...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music...-Noughties.html

#20928 09/09/10 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
I've got a (virtual copy of the) Telegraph, in my hand...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music...-Noughties.html
Cheers! That's a really good interview - McCluskey's on form - very funny.

#20929 09/13/10 01:25 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

#20930 09/13/10 01:44 PM
C
C
£300 for the VIP ticket (is this the new frontier?)
and £100 for the gig only, a bargain sir!
I'll take half a dozen, better still, I'll buy the company laugh

#20931 09/13/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
£300 for the VIP ticket (is this the new frontier?)
and £100 for the gig only, a bargain sir!
I'll take half a dozen, better still, I'll buy the company laugh

Well, if it's all for charideeee mate! Of Course!

And now it's Orchestral Manoeuvres Overdrive and a cover of "You Ain't Seen Nuthin' Yet"

Let's Synth Rock! Not 'Arf! wink

#20932 09/13/10 02:14 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
And now it's Orchestral Manoeuvres Overdrive and a cover of "You Ain't Seen Nuthin' Yet"

laugh

and I quote:

"OMD have spent the last 30 years the forefront of synth britannia"

After all of those years of service I think they should get their own reality TV show:

'At Home In The Dark With Orchestral Manoeuvres'.

Its just right for these times and the looming winters of discontent that may lay ahead in our great country of britannia.

#20933 09/13/10 02:25 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]And now it's Orchestral Manoeuvres Overdrive and a cover of "You Ain't Seen Nuthin' Yet"

laugh

and I quote:

"OMD have spent the last 30 years the forefront of synth britannia"

After all of those years of service I think they should get their own reality TV show:

'At Home In The Dark With Orchestral Manoeuvres'.

Its just right for these times and the looming winters of discontent that may lay ahead in our great country of britannia. [/b]
laugh

Or an 80s sitcom...a bit like Auf Wiedersen Pet but with synthesizers and bad dancing.

Why, I can actually hear their version of "Oooooo, breakin' away!" in my head now...

...and it's still a damn sight better than Sister Marie Says!

#20934 09/13/10 02:32 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually wouldn't mind seeing OMD "perform a special support set in a rare appearance in their original two-piece formation."

get yer wigs and baggy trousers out chaps!

laugh laugh

#20935 09/13/10 02:40 PM
Quote:
Actually wouldn't mind seeing OMD "perform a special support set in a rare appearance in their original two-piece formation."

get yer wigs and baggy trousers out chaps!

laugh laugh
Blimey! He looks like Malcolm McClaren!

Still, always nice to see Winston!

#20936 09/16/10 03:29 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
History-of-Modern-in-its-entirety now up on OMD official Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/officialomdmyspace

I'm so NOT going to listen to it ...yet..
wink

#20937 09/17/10 11:50 AM
H
H
Quote:
History-of-Modern-in-its-entirety now up on OMD official Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/officialomdmyspace

I'm so NOT going to listen to it ...yet..
wink
I did and now I wish I hadn't....

(you can take that either way but I'm not going to expand on that yet as it might spoil it for anyone waiting until the official release) wink

#20938 09/17/10 12:15 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah well there have been mixed reviews, but a hell of a lot of build-up. I didn't like the single at first but then it's growing on me...hope the album does the same. I'm going to wait until a get a 'hard-copy' to listen to it all the way through .. like we used to in the olden days.

#20939 09/20/10 08:50 AM
I have the album and as an OMD fan of 30 years I think it is an excellent album with just a couple of dodgy tracks "Pulse" sounds like an offering for an X-Factor wqannabee and "The Future The Past And Forever" is pretty poor, some classic OMD in the shape of "HOM I", "Sister Marie Says", "Bondage Of Fate", "If You Want It", "New Babies: New Toys" and the albums closing track "The Right Side".

Andy McCluskey has given me permission to feature 3 tracks on my electronic radio show next month.

I'd give the album 8.5/10

The Myspace Music Radio Show Official Homepage

#20940 09/20/10 05:37 PM
Administrator
Administrator

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#20941 09/20/10 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Hunter:
I have the album and as an OMD fan of 30 years I think it is an excellent album with just a couple of dodgy tracks "Pulse" sounds like an offering for an X-Factor wqannabee and "The Future The Past And Forever" is pretty poor, some classic OMD in the shape of "HOM I", "Sister Marie Says", "Bondage Of Fate", "If You Want It", "New Babies: New Toys" and the albums closing track "The Right Side".

Andy McCluskey has given me permission to feature 3 tracks on my electronic radio show next month.

I'd give the album 8.5/10

The Myspace Music Radio Show Official Homepage
You almost took the words! Pulse, sounds like an offering from Kylie or Dannii. Rest of the album is pretty good, it almost has that happy Pet Shop Boys type sound to the album. New Holy Ground reminds me of an Art Of Noise track meets Pink Floyds 'Mother' whilst Right Side has a Tangerine Dream synth style intro.

I like the album,even though it contains a little cheese.

#20942 09/21/10 03:33 PM
J
J
Quote:
I like the album,even though it contains a little cheese.
When hasn't OMD contained at least just a little cheese in their sound? :p

#20943 09/21/10 04:36 PM
C
C
theres an interview with OMD in todays Metro, (possibly still time to find a copy lying around on a bus should anyone be going home from work now)

#20944 09/21/10 09:13 PM
Think I'll listen to it once more. Can't say its outstanding, just OK.

#20945 09/22/10 07:36 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
theres an interview with OMD in todays Metro, (possibly still time to find a copy lying around on a bus should anyone be going home from work now)
It's here in case you didn't find a copy..
smile

#20946 09/22/10 07:37 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
I am listening .. I am elaborating ...

#20947 09/22/10 08:42 AM
C
C
Quote:
Quote:
[b] theres an interview with OMD in todays Metro
It's here in case you didn't find a copy..
smile [/b]
quote:- "Our record company asked us: “Can you guys make your minds up whether you’re supposed to be Abba or Stockhausen?”, and we said: “We’re both!”

Tis a shame they didn't think to wind up the company execs, and say to them that their musical direction was now going to be taking its cue from two '80's sources, northern Hen-Nights party anthem duo Black Lace - (Birdie Song, Sooperman, Agadoo, doo, doo, push pineapple tie my shoe), and Ronald RayGun's unsolicited foray into the avant garde with the 'The Wit And Wisdom Of' LP...

#20948 09/22/10 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
Ehmmm ... I kinda like the songs I heard so far, I think ... :rolleyes:
For example: I'd rather have David Bowie doing a 'Low 2' album. And I'd rather NOT have DB trying to incorporate the next hype, say dubstep ...
Reckon something from album will appear on a Ministry Of Sound album as the 'dubStep' mix. Reckon there will umpteen mixes available probably by the likes of Paul van dyk etc aimed at the club scene.

I still can't make up my mind about this album. Is it bubblegum or not?

#20949 09/23/10 09:41 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm slowly getting into this album .. Ok it's not "Architecture & Morality 2" but it's not "Liberator 2" either as many may have feared.
It really is a bit of everything OMD .. it's all in there, catchy synth riffs, keyboard-choirs, Kraftwerk, Atomic Kitten.... The production is a bit bubble-gum and yes, there's cheese (see the homage to Kraftwerk that is RFWK "I loved you like a son"), but there's some damn strong stuff on there too.
The cheesy synth riffs on the two HoM's may grate a bit but HoM Pt 1 is as good a song about the end of the world you'll ever get (sing-along-apocalypse).
I even enjoy Pulse which is obviously there to appeal to the young 'uns and is eligible for about 10 different dance remixes. bring 'em on.
The one I'm still not sure of is ye olde 'Sister Marie Says' which has been pushed around from pillar to post since the early days and has now seen the light of day..but I don't like it, wish it had stayed where it was.
This may be the first Humphreys/McCluskey effort since 86's The Pacific Age but it's sooo Andy with no Humphreys vocals, no instrumentals, and a LOT of McCluskey's voice in it's various moods. [Some still say it's another AM solo effort with PH and the others chipping in a bit.]

#20950 09/23/10 02:31 PM
Just bought it on my way home (deluxe edition for a good price).
Listening to it as I write this (HOM2 just comes along).
A bit cheesy indeed, but enough electronics to make me happy.
smile for now!

#20951 09/23/10 08:20 PM
Just given my two penneth review on iTunes.

#20952 09/23/10 08:48 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by John Taylor:
Just given my two penneth review on iTunes.
that is spooky as I'm listening to it on itunes now, while also reading comments on amazon posted by fans, I notice that gary hunter has his up there, (I think that 'pulse' feels like an atomic kitten out-take gary)

Its interesting reading, there seems to be a divide between fans and some of the music reviewers (Drowned In Sound, BBC), though it looks to me that the majority of fans who've posted seem about 95% in favour, whilst some of the reviewers give it the complete thumbs down.

#20953 09/24/10 11:58 AM
I'd like NME to do one of their scathing without merit reviews on History Of Modern. No doubt the NME reviewers are too young to remember OMD!

#20954 09/24/10 12:16 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't seen a review but OMD did give the news of the new album back in May:
http://www.nme.com/news/omd/51178

but as Andy McC said in an interview with Liverpool Echo:
Quote:
“My son came home the other day and he said, really matter of factly: ‘My mates say you’re cool now’. I was chuffed, you know."
Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool.../#ixzz10RsPhLWg

#20955 10/04/10 10:43 AM
I can't get into this album I want to like it,don't get me wrong it is cutting edge stuff for 2010 but..... I don't know.

What I do like is the little touches like the birdsong on one of the tracks (a chiff-chaff, I have them in my garden daily) only OMD would include sounds like this on such a commercial album.

#20956 10/11/10 12:57 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok well if History of Modern is not your cup of darjeeling, how about some ..
Orchestral Manouevres ... at the Dog?

#20957 10/24/10 01:20 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Hate to be boring but there's quite a good in-depth interview with McCluskey here .
Like interviews with Foxx, you always learn something new.

#20958 11/07/10 02:53 PM
T
T
Having heard "Sister Marie Says" a few times now I am tempted to get involved. Anyone invested in the singles for the B sides - any good?

#20959 11/07/10 03:30 PM
Navigation is my second favourite album after the BBC Sessions, that makes History Of Modern way down the list below A&M though History Of Modern tracks have made it onto my Top 25 iTunes most played.

#20960 11/07/10 04:27 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Having heard "Sister Marie Says" a few times now I am tempted to get involved. Anyone invested in the singles for the B sides - any good?
OMD were alway spretty well known for having "experimental" type B sides compared to the more poppy A sides, so yes go for the NAvigation album if you want to investigate. You might be surprised by tracks like 66 & Fading or Sacred Heart or Navigation or Annex. Sadly they didn't continue that much after about 1984-ish and it all goes a bit flat, even th B sides.

#20961 11/09/10 07:24 PM
T
T
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
[b] Having heard "Sister Marie Says" a few times now I am tempted to get involved. Anyone invested in the singles for the B sides - any good?
OMD were alway spretty well known for having "experimental" type B sides compared to the more poppy A sides, so yes go for the NAvigation album if you want to investigate. You might be surprised by tracks like 66 & Fading or Sacred Heart or Navigation or Annex. Sadly they didn't continue that much after about 1984-ish and it all goes a bit flat, even th B sides. [/b]
Cheers D (and John) (I have Navigation and like it) - but what I actually meant was the History of Modern B sides, e.g. "Idea 1" on the flip of the first 7 inch.

#20962 11/09/10 09:43 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah OK! .. .not so keen on Idea 1 myself but I do like "Alone".
Apparently the new single (SisMarSays)will have HoM Parts 3&4, and another track called "The Grand Deception" which is apparently a bit 'iffy'...

sneak preview: here

#20963 11/10/10 01:48 PM
I’ve finally got round to listening to the History of Modern

It’s been dissected enough, so my rant/scribble will be brief: 1) IT IS a Mcluskey solo album 2) let’s hope the next one is a group effort.

1. New Babies New Toys
- pants

2. If You Want It
- Atomic Kitten’s pants

3. History Of Modern i
- A heartbreaking work of staggering genius

4. History Of Modern ii
- pants

5. Sometimes

6. RFWK

7. New Holy Ground

8. The Future The Past And Forever After
- satin pants

9. [i]Sister Mary Says

- pants

10. Pulse
- A heartbreaking work of staggering genius.

Bonus points for repurposing the drum programming of Walking On Sunshine 12” by Rockers Revenge Featuring Donnie Calvin – an undisputed Electro classic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9BB50EU68U

11. Green

12. Bondage Of Fate

13. The Right Side

Bluntly; 8 out of 13 - The good tracks I really liked, the bad tracks – oh jeezuz – they are just soooooo bad; History of Marmite anyone?

#20964 11/10/10 03:16 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
HA! Nice one Rads although I'll agree to differ on the majority of the 'pants' tracks ..
(I'm glad you like Green though as I thought you wouldn't!)
but I'll agree it's too much of a McCluskey solo effort .. Humphreys seems to have faded into the background along with Holmes & Cooper, although that's probably just as well since The Listening Pool and OneTwo stuff is..pants.
wink

oh these were the days...

#20965 11/11/10 11:55 AM
Quote:
HA! Nice one Rads although I'll agree to differ on the majority of the 'pants' tracks ..
I thought that of the other HoM tracks that didn't make it on to the album perhaps Idea 1 should of done, but Save Me should never of seen the light of day.

#20966 11/11/10 12:13 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Agreed ... and I was all the more peed off that it was included in the i-tunes album over 'ere as opposed to a decent 'bonus track'.

ohh the anger...
mad mad

#20967 11/11/10 12:19 PM
Quote:
Agreed ... and I was all the more peed off that it was included in the i-tunes album over 'ere as opposed to a decent 'bonus track'.

ohh the anger...
mad mad
I just had a listen to the 30 second sample of the track that comes with the forthcoming SMS single - can't say I was impressed by that either

#20968 11/18/10 01:45 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Nice purple, sorry *lilac* 7" vinyl with exclusive B side mad mad mad

#20969 11/19/10 09:52 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

#20970 12/13/10 04:48 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
They're in session tonight on Radio 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wkbpt

#20971 02/07/11 06:50 PM
Administrator
Administrator
'Limited edition' formats of the new release avaiable for pre-order now.

http://omd.firebrandlive.com/items/music/04/

if you like that kind of thing wink

#20972 03/21/11 09:36 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

#20973 03/21/11 09:49 AM
I always thought Paul's dancing would end in tears one day.

#20974 03/21/11 09:57 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Andy's I think you mean ("windmilling") ... but yes those OMD boys can get very rowdy indeed..
..it was only a matter of time..

T
T
It was spring before I heard any of this, but, generally speaking, I really like it apart from "Pulse" (I couldn't find one). I don't own "Save Me" and the little snippet I heard confirms that I won't... I also bought the "History of Modern (Part I)" CD single as mentioned earlier in the thread - a useful way to get all of the B sides, of which "The Grand Deception" is the pick.

So, what next I wonder?

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
There will be another new album.

I remember reading on the OMD site that the next album will be called "English Electric". I suspect they may go down the route of making the next album a concept album.

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Interview with Andy McCluskey

Kraftwerk invented Atomic Kitten

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark to open new Liverpool music venue Eric's

read more

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.