Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#20902 06/07/10 06:48 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
We don't seem to have a thread for Orch Men and the first new album from the original line-up in 24 years coming up, presumably, in autumn with tour etc.

BTW I read here today that they'll also be performing at the World Expo in China with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra

#20903 06/24/10 06:59 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
History of Modern products start here...

they're doing Sounds-of-the-Universe style box sets with T shirt, DVD, vinyl issue, exclusive demos, book etc...oh and the CD.
http://omd.sandbag.uk.com/Store/DII-161-5-history+of+modern++limited+edition+box+set+++tshirt.html

Fifty quid and it's your guv'nor ..

#20904 06/24/10 07:02 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
History of Modern tracklist:

UK release: September 20th

Side One

1.New Babies: New Toys
2. If You Want It
3.History Of Modern (part I)
4. History Of Modern (part II)
5. Sometimes
6. RFWK
7. New Holy Ground

Side Two
8. The Future, The Past, and Forever After
9. Sister Mary Says
10. Pulse
11. The Night
12. Bondage Of Fate
13. The Right Side?

#20905 06/24/10 08:53 AM
After hearing that awful 'Liberator'-style Sister Marie Says demo, I think I'll wait until I've heard some of the album before buying it any format. I heard an album sampler a few weeks ago and I wasn't impressed to be honest.

#20906 06/24/10 10:03 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I'm just worried that the merchandising and all the expensive extras serve to cover up the sub-standard music, which is what it's all about really...isn't it?
confused
Call me sad and old but I long for the days when you just needed to get the album and a couple of singles for the B sides and that was it, you had it all...
frown
..but maybe I just say that cos I'm envious of those who can afford to splash out on all the extras..
mad

#20907 07/13/10 11:20 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
"If You Want It" is apparently a kind of "Walking on the Milky Way" kind of song ... Andy McCluskey of OMD had this to say:
Quote:
yes, I was pastiching Walking On The Milky Way. It's a song I actually wrote for somebody else. But you know what? It's a f*cking good song. I don't care. They're variations on a theme. Artists are allowed to do it so why can't musicians."
:rolleyes:

#20908 08/17/10 09:15 AM
You can listen to the opening track called New Babies New Toys off the new OMD album "History Of Modern" via Spin Online Magazine.

The track for me says OMD ARE BACK! this track has balls on first listen you think WTF but play it again and it blows you away, hints of Joy Division on this one too. As a track opener on the album it certainly makes a statement!

OMD - Article & the track New Babies New Toys

Gary

#20909 08/18/10 10:02 AM
H
H
As an OMD fan from the early days who lost interest in them when they went bland for the American market in the mid 1980s, I was really looking forward to this new album. Unfortunately the bits I've heard so far sound more like an OMD tribute band doing a series of weak OMD pastiches, and that cringeworthy new video doesn't help. Perhaps some bands are better left in the past?

#20910 08/18/10 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
As an OMD fan from the early days who lost interest in them when they went bland for the American market in the mid 1980s, I was really looking forward to this new album. Unfortunately the bits I've heard so far sound more like an OMD tribute band doing a series of weak OMD pastiches, and that cringeworthy new video doesn't help. Perhaps some bands are better left in the past?
I couldn't add to that - totally agree with every word. And I was really, really looking forward to the idea this album promised.

#20911 08/18/10 02:16 PM
Oh Dear
More like OMG for all the wrong reasons

Sorry guys your better days are well and truly behind you.
One mans music is another mans noise I guess!!!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.