Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20287 10/28/09 03:52 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Right I'm really pushing back the boundaries now , bringing "Ready , Steady ; Cook" to Metamatic
Necessity has meant that I'ìve had to improve my almost non-existent culinary skills over the last years . I can now do a mean Spinach Tart or a Seafood Risotto Think I'll change my user name to Jamie Oliver or even Graham Kerr The more mature Foxxheads will probably remember him smile

#20288 10/28/09 04:26 PM
Mine would have to be beef lasagne. Based on a combination of a French recipe and a Gordon Ramsay one.

Followed by traditional Bakewell tart.

Those are my failsafes! I do like baking and cooking...

#20289 10/29/09 09:59 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Mine would have to be beef lasagne. Based on a combination of a French recipe and a Gordon Ramsay one.

Followed by traditional Bakewell tart.

Those are my failsafes! I do like baking and cooking...
Good on yer Alex lad ! I seem to remember reading that your Wife is French How's the language coming on ?

#20290 10/29/09 10:07 AM
Signature dishes. Hmmm. I guess I'm occasionally partial to finely chopped detail, best served precisely at the right temperature when with friends, and with a fine red wine to help it down.

smile

#20291 10/29/09 10:07 AM
Slowly but surely! I've just started lessons again after having sadly lagged.

But back to food, and I recently tried making ice cream - honey and lavender flavour and rosemary flavour - both were a surprising success!

#20292 10/30/09 09:01 AM
Administrator
Administrator
I too love cooking and baking - isn't it amazing what pastimes we share.

My pride is my pastry, which at last is better than my mum's.

I particulalry enjoy cooking for large number so fpeople, and this Sunday will be challenging my self with a dinner for 50.
I can feel a prize-winning apple cruble coming on.

Secret: more fat in the crumble than is healthy. Crumble MUST be crunchy, I can't be doing with that floury nonsense...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#20293 10/30/09 09:31 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I too love cooking and baking - isn't it amazing what pastimes we share.

My pride is my pastry, which at last is better than my mum's.

I particulalry enjoy cooking for large number so fpeople, and this Sunday will be challenging my self with a dinner for 50.
I can feel a prize-winning apple cruble coming on.

Secret: more fat in the crumble than is healthy. Crumble MUST be crunchy, I can't be doing with that floury nonsense...
All the best then Martin ! Photographic evidence if poss on Monday and breakdown of menu please
Well , we could organise a Metamatic banquet sometime . Seems like your a dab hand I'm quite happy to be sous- chef to the Grand Master :)Like your Nick Cave allusion below !

#20294 10/30/09 10:12 AM
By sheer coincidence, I baked a pear crumble last night. The first crumble I've done for years, and arguably the best. The crumble topping was perfect. I'm sure the 'crunch' would get the Birdsong stamp of approval!!

#20295 10/30/09 10:34 AM
H
H
Boeuf Bourguignon, made with a decent Shiraz/Syrah or Pinot Noir (it doesn't have to be a Burgundy). Takes three hours to prepare and cook and ten minutes to eat.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.