Metamatic
Posted By: Ivan Basso Your signature dish ? - 10/28/09 03:52 PM
Right I'm really pushing back the boundaries now , bringing "Ready , Steady ; Cook" to Metamatic
Necessity has meant that I'ìve had to improve my almost non-existent culinary skills over the last years . I can now do a mean Spinach Tart or a Seafood Risotto Think I'll change my user name to Jamie Oliver or even Graham Kerr The more mature Foxxheads will probably remember him smile
Posted By: Alex S Re: Your signature dish ? - 10/28/09 04:26 PM
Mine would have to be beef lasagne. Based on a combination of a French recipe and a Gordon Ramsay one.

Followed by traditional Bakewell tart.

Those are my failsafes! I do like baking and cooking...
Posted By: Ivan Basso Re: Your signature dish ? - 10/29/09 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Mine would have to be beef lasagne. Based on a combination of a French recipe and a Gordon Ramsay one.

Followed by traditional Bakewell tart.

Those are my failsafes! I do like baking and cooking...
Good on yer Alex lad ! I seem to remember reading that your Wife is French How's the language coming on ?
Posted By: E. G. Ekin Re: Your signature dish ? - 10/29/09 10:07 AM
Signature dishes. Hmmm. I guess I'm occasionally partial to finely chopped detail, best served precisely at the right temperature when with friends, and with a fine red wine to help it down.

smile
Posted By: Alex S Re: Your signature dish ? - 10/29/09 10:07 AM
Slowly but surely! I've just started lessons again after having sadly lagged.

But back to food, and I recently tried making ice cream - honey and lavender flavour and rosemary flavour - both were a surprising success!
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Your signature dish ? - 10/30/09 09:01 AM
I too love cooking and baking - isn't it amazing what pastimes we share.

My pride is my pastry, which at last is better than my mum's.

I particulalry enjoy cooking for large number so fpeople, and this Sunday will be challenging my self with a dinner for 50.
I can feel a prize-winning apple cruble coming on.

Secret: more fat in the crumble than is healthy. Crumble MUST be crunchy, I can't be doing with that floury nonsense...
Posted By: Ivan Basso Re: Your signature dish ? - 10/30/09 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I too love cooking and baking - isn't it amazing what pastimes we share.

My pride is my pastry, which at last is better than my mum's.

I particulalry enjoy cooking for large number so fpeople, and this Sunday will be challenging my self with a dinner for 50.
I can feel a prize-winning apple cruble coming on.

Secret: more fat in the crumble than is healthy. Crumble MUST be crunchy, I can't be doing with that floury nonsense...
All the best then Martin ! Photographic evidence if poss on Monday and breakdown of menu please
Well , we could organise a Metamatic banquet sometime . Seems like your a dab hand I'm quite happy to be sous- chef to the Grand Master :)Like your Nick Cave allusion below !
Posted By: Alex S Re: Your signature dish ? - 10/30/09 10:12 AM
By sheer coincidence, I baked a pear crumble last night. The first crumble I've done for years, and arguably the best. The crumble topping was perfect. I'm sure the 'crunch' would get the Birdsong stamp of approval!!
Posted By: Halloway Re: Your signature dish ? - 10/30/09 10:34 AM
Boeuf Bourguignon, made with a decent Shiraz/Syrah or Pinot Noir (it doesn't have to be a Burgundy). Takes three hours to prepare and cook and ten minutes to eat.
© Metamatic