Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
OP Offline
I
Given the age I am , I'd love to lie through my teeth and say early Roxy Music Tangerine Dream or such like but....
(Adopts Oprah Winfrey/ Tricia show guest type voice and refers to oneself in third person)
"Ivan's got many faults, but He ain't no coward. He tells it like it is !)

so to deafening applause or hoots of derision ......................

Chicory Tip Son of my Father smile smile shocked

I now add damning visual evidence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoZCbgOCAhE

Jarre's "Oxygene part 2" ... still the greatest piece of electronic music ever made! To my ears anyway ;-)

I was about 3 years old, and it was an album my father would regularly play. It fascinated me, and still does to this day.

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Jarre's "Oxygene part 2" ... still the greatest piece of electronic music ever made! To my ears anyway ;-)

I was about 3 years old, and it was an album my father would regularly play. It fascinated me, and still does to this day.
Still sounds ace today . 31 years on ?

The Music for DR Who also Kraftwerk Autobahn & the Single Popcorn

I would have to steal, i mean agree with Dr Who as my first too. Along with non synth group (but used early ones) the beach boys.

Oh yeah, the Doctor WHo theme music!

Actually, my parents had the original Delia Derbyshire version on vinyl, so I used to listen tpo that, but as I also watched the show from about the age of 3, I fell in love with the 1980 Peter Howell Arrangement too, whichi still sounds good today.

I guess looking back that my first indroduction to synth music music is hearing The JM Jarre single Oxygene part 4. Never looked back since.

Peter

Earliest memories (of 1970s): I guess it would be the music of Yes. Rick Wakeman's keyboards and use of the minimoog hooked me.

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Earliest memories (of 1970s): I guess it would be the music of Yes. Rick Wakeman's keyboards and use of the minimoog hooked me.
Saw him in Liverpool 76 Never liked Yes but liked his solo stuff

There was also that Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe lineup in the 1980s I think.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.