Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
Do anyone know a hotel for a reasonable price or pub with bed/breakfast near the troxy?

Thank you, Andreas wink

CONCERN
The only thing that worries me, are the times 8PM til 2AM. Some of us can't afford to stay in London and usually the last trains are around midnight. So I'm hoping that Foxxy comes on well before that.

Peter

F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by fons:
[b] I bought one as well! See you there! cool
OH NO! FONS IS GOING!

That means the party has officially started! laugh [/b]
laugh
Will be fun for sure to meet up with you all before the show again!
1 holiday reserved at work and a hotel & train booked as well, really ready to go! yahoo!

Andreas; the Holiday Inn Express wasn't too expensive in advance...76 pounds for the room (2 people), and it's on crawling distance from the venue laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
[b]
Now which pub to meet for a pre-gig drink?
It's my neck of the woods, so I'll have a scout around.

This may involve frequenting lots of pubs and drinking lots of beer but I'm happy to sacrifice myself for the good of the group wink [/b]
Is E3 close to E1?? smile

Just wondering as Karborn posted a pub on FB that he recommends for Guinness. Maybe you could try it out for us? Of course you'd have to sup all the ales so we know there is something for everyone!!

Quote:
John Leigh i have found the best pint of guinness in the world, consistently. it is at the lord tredegar in bow, e3. go try for yourself smile
Monday at 23:15 ˇ Comment ˇLikeUnlike ˇ View feedback (16)Hide feedback (16)

Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
CONCERN
The only thing that worries me, are the times 8PM til 2AM. Some of us can't afford to stay in London and usually the last trains are around midnight. So I'm hoping that Foxxy comes on well before that.

Peter
Hi Peter, I may be in the same boat in some respects, as I may leave the UK on Saturday morning after the show. If it ends at 2am then a hotel for 2-3 hours won't be worth the investment so I'll probably kill the few hours until the first train in a cafe somewhere. Used to do that when I was young(er), and I'll be somewhat jetlagged anyway. I deeply regret not staying until the end of the Roundhouse gig!!

I REALLY hope that things work out so that I can get there! smile

Does anyone know of any good, cheap Hotels or B and B accomodation near to the gig? I may have to take the wife and kids (3) so cannot afford too much. They wont be going to the gig so I guess anywhere in London area would be ok.

F
F
wheee!

Pricey things, gigs, innit?

I enjoyed seeing John play with the "live band" at the Roundhouse so it bodes well that they'll do another show -
Dunno if I could stick a full Numan set though - I've been to the Replicas/Telekon/PleasurePrinciple shows, but the encores of "new stuff" at those were hell lol The Pleasure Principle had this kinda electro-doom 11 minute guff with films of girls slitting their wrists or something, it was awful.

B
B
Holiday Inn looks like the best bet around there--especially if you plan to stay for the aftershow. I always like to be within walking distance of the venue, and that's only about .2 of a mile away.

I'm actually staying at a retreat house nearby, near Limehouse station--I'd recommend it at 46 pounds a night, but they're all booked up now.

Pubs I can't speak to, and I don't know how close the one Karborn mentioned is to the venue. From what I've read about the Troxy area, there's "absolutely nothing" around it. However, I have an e-mail out to Karborn, hopefully he'll get back to me with a few ideas...

I was going to fly back on Saturday, but it's twice the price to do so, so I'm going to stay an extra day. I'll probably be glad I did if things are wrapping up at 3 am....

Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.