Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 634 of 753 1 2 632 633 634 635 636 752 753
Nostalgia also in Eindhoven.
In the 'Forgotten Masterworks' series it's:

The Stranglers: The Raven

It's the album that all the original members of the band are proud of.
It had the spirit of punk combined with the artisticy of progrock.
It even had to go on number 1 entering the charts, if it wasn't for a clerical error that 'Regatta De Blanc' was miscredited with sales from 'The Raven'!
JJ Burnel named the album: "The raven was a very potent symbol in Nordic mythology . Odin the King of Gods, had two ravens and they were his eyes and they would fly out to the world and come back and report to him, and it all fitted in with the subject matter of the album. The Raven was a symbol of flight because the Vikings used ravens aboard ships to find new territories".

'The Raven' was and still is an exceptional album the sort that's made to be played over and over again! cool

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Muslimgauze - 'A Small Intricate Box That Contains Old Blue Opium Marzipan'
good stuff, last time I listened to anything by Muslimgauze was back in 2001, and having just googled I know now that this project of Bryn Jones has continued to be released posthumously. Gareth Jones is mentioned as being his nephew, is this the same Gareth Jones?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
[b]The Stranglers: The Raven.
JJ Burnel named the album: "The raven was a very potent symbol in Nordic mythology.
[/b]
I like the mythology of birds such as ravens and crows.
If the ravens ever abandon the Tower of London then England will fall, so beware my southern forum members laugh

Quote:
I like the mythology of birds such as ravens and crows.
If the ravens ever abandon the Tower of London then England will fall, so beware my southern forum members laugh [/QB]
It's bad luck to be superstitious! eek

Ô¿Ô

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Stringy Bob:
It's bad luck to be superstitious! eek

Ô¿Ô
yes, I hate these ancient sayings that foretell of doom:

"Come on lads, let's get home, the sky's beginning to bruise, night must fall and we shall be forced to camp"

eek

oh wait a minute,
that was only Uncle Monty saying that one

laugh

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - The Social Network, quite experimental very NIN (as in dark sounding) though highly enjoyable.

Administrator
Administrator
I've been working this week in one of my new roles as a painter/decorator, which has meant spending long hours in the company of two mates and The Coast radio station.

My head is absolutely f*cked having being subject to American melody-driven guitar worshipping MOR for much much much too long!!

Hence I'm listening to Tonto, EN and a bit of Nick Cave to re-dress the balance.

But what is it with that kind of music?? Clapton, Foreigner, Air Supply, U2, Robert Palmer, Tracy Chapman, Dire STraits, Tom Petty...

Aaaaagh! Three in a row from our 'God-of the Day' now straight after the news. That's three more tracks exactly the same from someone with a slightly different voice?
I swear EVERY track I heard ALL WEEK had a guitar solo in it, and included "woooh, wooh" or "yeah" in its lyric.

Don't people have ANY imagination... mad

Apologies - cynical politically incorrect rant over. Anyway, The Cannibal's Hymn is just starting…

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I've been working this week in one of my new roles as a painter/decorator, which has meant spending long hours in the company of two mates and The Coast radio station.

My head is absolutely f*cked having being subject to American melody-driven guitar worshipping MOR for much much much too long!!

Hence I'm listening to Tonto, EN and a bit of Nick Cave to re-dress the balance.

But what is it with that kind of music?? Clapton, Foreigner, Air Supply, U2, Robert Palmer, Tracy Chapman, Dire STraits, Tom Petty...

Aaaaagh! Three in a row from our 'God-of the Day' now straight after the news. That's three more tracks exactly the same from someone with a slightly different voice?
I swear EVERY track I heard ALL WEEK had a guitar solo in it, and included "woooh, wooh" or "yeah" in its lyric.

Don't people have ANY imagination... mad

Apologies - cynical politically incorrect rant over. Anyway, [b]The Cannibal's Hymn
is just starting… [/b]
Goddammit man where's Peter Frampton , Styx and Kansas !!!!!!! Gerrem on now or I'll be round to kick your synthy faggot asses !! laugh

*In an Axl Rose type voice

C
C
some winding down off to bed listening with:

Taylor Duepree: Weather and Worn

Stars Of The Lid: The Atomium Parts 1-3

Celer: In Escaping Lakes

S
S
This week I've been stuck on an electronic theme. Have listened to..

Villa Nah - Origin
John Foxx - In Mysterious Ways
O.M.D - History Of Modern
Propaganda - Unreleased Album
Hurts - Happiness
Depeche Mode - Music For The Mases
Human League - Reproduction

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
]Celer: In Escaping Lakes
Ethereal ambient drifting. Has a Sylvian 'Steel Cathedrals' feel to it. A perfect match of visuals to soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54-oG9gfaRU

and also:

Mouthfeels Of Capreae

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54-oG9gfaRU

Thanks Mr. Memory smile

Page 634 of 753 1 2 632 633 634 635 636 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.