Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 580 of 753 1 2 578 579 580 581 582 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Garry luv. I'll be taking both modules to Sonic Weekend 6. It's shame you are not participating.

I'm in the 'Nosferatu' group. Darkly cool or what?!
Heh! Very darkly! Don't forget to backcomb your hair and don some shades and bring Floodland along! laugh

Yep, sadly not making this one - if I was, Groups (Gruppe?) A and B interested me.

Have a great time, and pass my best wishes onto Ann for a full recovery!

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
[b] Garry luv. I'll be taking both modules to Sonic Weekend 6. It's shame you are not participating.

Heh! Very darkly! Don't forget to backcomb your hair and don some shades and bring Floodland along! laugh

Yep, sadly not making this one - if I was, Groups (Gruppe?) A and B interested me.

Have a great time, and pass my best wishes onto Ann for a full recovery! [/b]
Will do. I take it that's a full recovery after SW weekend? laugh

& it'll have to be a syrup. Ain't got much hair left on me bonce. wink

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Garry luv. I'll be taking both modules to Sonic Weekend 6. It's shame you are not participating.

Have a great time, and pass my best wishes onto Ann for a full recovery! [/b]
Will do. I take it that's a full recovery after SW weekend? laugh

& it'll have to be a syrup. Ain't got much hair left on me bonce. wink [/b]
laugh

Get a Siouxsie one!

Ann was in hospital on Monday (see WLM forum) so she's recovering from an operation at the moment

M
M
Quote:
[QUOTE] Ann was in hospital on Monday (see WLM forum) so she's recovering from an operation at the moment [/QB]
Didn't know that. Haven't checked the forum this week. Will do so NOW!

Administrator
Administrator
Joanna Newsom, live in Washington

http://www.npr.org/templates/player/medi...752&m=125084160

Kookie, experimental - irritating...?

This girl is really growing on me laugh . Sounds like an excellent gig. Very expressive and 'real'

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Tonight it is Visage - The Face (The Very Best Of Visage)

I
I
The best group my native Merseyside has ever produced DEAF SCHOOL THE ANTHOLOGY Their three albums SECOND HONEYMOON /DON'T STOP THE WORLD/ENGLISH BOYS ,WORKING GIRLS plus a BEST OF live
Truly amazing band who never really got the acclaim they deserved They would sell out the Liverpool Empire (as I found out to my chagrin on a couple of occasions)They bridged that horrible hole between Glam/Prog and Punk New Wave in the mid 70's when everyone was in thrall to The Eagles, Peter Frampton , The Bay City Rollers and Boney M
Brings back great memories of the long hot Summer Eddie Merckx , Duncan McKenzie , Bjorn Borg and Lancashire Cricket team's one day exploits in the Sunday League . Ultravox ! and Kraftwerk were just about to arrive.
Truly wonderful band Most famous tune is probably "WHAT A WAY TO END IT ALL " It's jaunty classic pop at odds with its theme of suicide IT'S A BOYS'WORLD beat both Billy Joel (we didn't start the fire) and The BELOVED HELLO By a country mile and at least a decade with the "Shoppimg list" style song
Famous members BETTIE BRIGHT (MRS SUGGS)basically Sarah Cracknell's musical auntie and guitarist CLIFF (CLIVE) LANGER ) producer supreme
I think I mentioned on a previous thread that when I bought their first two albums on vinyl at Probe Records , I was served by none other than DEAD OR ALIVE's PETE BURNS

Different from John Foxx but equally as classy

"So hand me my coat and my beret
I'm going home to Rock Ferry " smile

C
C
Presently its Suicide: 2nd Album..."Diahmunds, Fircoat, Champain"... oh yeah!

but this morning I was listening to Terminal Twilight - Black And Blue and The Fire Of Love: http://www.myspace.com/terminaltwilight
I've also been mulling over buying Goldfrapp's new Head First album (I keep playing the samples), and speaking of yesteryears disco sounds and diamonds furcoats and champagne - I heard on the news today that ABBA are considering making a new album, or so they say...

Administrator
Administrator
I'm off out in a bit to the fourth in our local "Under the 8os" clubnights.

My second set, so I'm dead nervous. This time I've got the best part of 40 minutes!

Here's the set what I've put together.
It's quite deliberately structured the way it is.

Quiet Men (full version)
Metro Mr X
Underpass
A Man Could Get Lost
Dancing Like A Gun
Black Heart
Young Savage
Born to Lose
Burning Car (live)
The Boy Who Came Back

I'm a real novice behind the decks. D'you think it'll work?

£3 to get in by the way, 10 minute walk from the station.
Feels appropriate that it should be raining, but don't let that put you off wink

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator
Back home. Didn't go well as I was on too early. There were six people there, apartf orm the three of us playing...

Still, home earlier than expected.

Perfect hour now to sit back and listen to Tom Waits "Asylum Years". It's not a great compilation, which is interesting, because the albums themselves from which the tracks originate are all superb.
Works for now though smile

Page 580 of 753 1 2 578 579 580 581 582 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.