Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 493 of 753 1 2 491 492 493 494 495 752 753
Nouvelle Vague - 3

"interesting" versions of GN's Metal and SM's The American.

O
O
Talking of versions of GN's masterpieces, I don't know if anyone has Resonator or what they think of it, but there are some fascinating alternatives to the originals there.
Slight shame there are 3 versions of Ancients though as after one sitting you do tend to feel a tad brainwashed. Anyway, that's what I'm listening to today....

Cool Analogue! Must look it up ..

I once had a version of Metal played on an accordion or something. wink

I remember seeing Resonator but never getting it. The album was pulled by Gary about a week after it hit the shops as he wasn't happy with what was on it.

I've since heard it, and it's interesting, but I can understand his frustration with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Cool Analogue! Must look it up ..

Heh! I bought a couple of those Top of the Pops albums a few years ago - just to hear the covers of Numan classics being utterly destroyed!

If you can find it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_of_Top_of_the_Pops_%2779

I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
[b] Cool Analogue! Must look it up ..

Heh! I bought a couple of those Top of the Pops albums a few years ago - just to hear the covers of Numan classics being utterly destroyed!

If you can find it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_of_Top_of_the_Pops_%2779 [/b]
You've spelt "enhanced " wrongly there Radler ! Only joking each to their own ! Memories indeed They were all I could afford as a youngster I often wondered why Noddy Holder , Barbara Streisand , Jimmy Osmond ,David Bowie , Marc Bolan , Kiki Dee , Les Gray and Demis Roussos all had the same voice in the studio laugh Invariably bought from Woolworth's (Bootle or Liverpool City centre)

Ultravox - 'Vienna'.

Curve - 'Gift'.

Nine Inch Nails: Further Down The Spiral

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

If you can find it...

You've spelt "enhanced " wrongly there Radler ! Only joking each to their own ! Memories indeed They were all I could afford as a youngster I often wondered why Noddy Holder , Barbara Streisand , Jimmy Osmond ,David Bowie , Marc Bolan , Kiki Dee , Les Gray and Demis Roussos all had the same voice in the studio laugh Invariably bought from Woolworth's (Bootle or Liverpool City centre) [/b]
OH GOD...'WOOLWORTHS'

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

If you can find it...

You've spelt "enhanced " wrongly there Radler ! Only joking each to their own ! Memories indeed They were all I could afford as a youngster I often wondered why Noddy Holder , Barbara Streisand , Jimmy Osmond ,David Bowie , Marc Bolan , Kiki Dee , Les Gray and Demis Roussos all had the same voice in the studio laugh Invariably bought from Woolworth's (Bootle or Liverpool City centre) [/b]
OH GOD...'WOOLWORTHS' Do you remember Woolies own brand cover albums? They were easy to spot as the cassette had a red shell instead of a black one - on the Chevron and Pickwick labels.

Oh man - the deflated and feeble looks kids across the land would have after unwrapping one of those at christmas...

"oh. thanks Auntie...excuse me while I just get a sharp knife from the kitchen..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd7FEcmtmx0

...Absolute proof of man's inhumanity to man...with Tony Blackburn and Leslie Crowther!

Page 493 of 753 1 2 491 492 493 494 495 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.