Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 484 of 753 1 2 482 483 484 485 486 752 753
Siouxsie and the Banshees: Tinderbox and Kailedoscope

S
S
Tori Amos - Abnormally Attracted To Sin

I've been a fan since her excellent debut Little Earthquakes which is one of my favourite albums but she hasn't come close to repeating the quality of that album but I keep buying them to find out. All her albums are good but not as good as the first.

I got bored with Tori after the excellent To Venus and Back. Her first four albums are outstanding, although my favourite will always be From the Choirgirl Hotel. I saw her on that tour.

It just seems to sadly be that since Scarlett's Walk, she's just been repeating the same old female-angst-sex-thing, which has become thoroughly boring. Shame.

Depeche Mode - Sounds Of The Universe

The next single (Peace) is a track that is stuck on auto-play in my brain :rolleyes:

Administrator
Administrator
Touch - Meridians 1 and from thence re-discovering the bizarre experimentation of "S/Z" having recently found their obscure 12" EP.
The Meridains album really does have some wonderful music on here, and led me into Current 93 who I subsequently lost touch with and am now trying to catch up!

Andrew Mckenzie's Sigil tracks stand out as well, alongside of course the terrifying un-ness of Ludus's Corpus candle
I feel some TG coming on... wink

There's a lot of birdsong on this compilation too - always a good sign cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator
Instead I went for Emblems: The Menstual Years being as it is a compilation of tracks from 'early, mid-era and late-ish' Current 93

David Tibet inhabits a dark and scary place.

This double album is unbelievably good cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Ruth White 'Flowers Of Evil'
Have you heard her Short Circuits album? That's good (but not as good as Flowers of Evil)

Today it's Moloko I Am Not A Doctor

I
I
I had a trawl through my old cassettes and found to my horror "The Best of The Eagles" Don't think I've listened to it for the best part of a quarter of a century
Believe it or not it sounds good .I must be going soft in my old age
So my fellow Foxxheads I'm heading off into the desert with a sweet loving woman who looks like Linda Ronstadt to share a spliff and a bottle of tequila with and to see the sun rise over the cacti
Don't let the sound of your own synths drive you crazy smile

Administrator
Administrator
* cough *
I think I might have that somewhere...

Don't play it nearly as often as the double CD of Creedence Clearwater 'Revival' though.

Good luck Ivan, mind them guitars don't getcha...

I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
* cough *
I think I might have that somewhere...

Don't play it nearly as often as the double CD of Creedence Clearwater 'Revival' though.

Good luck Ivan, mind them guitars don't getcha...
Hello Martin Some kind soul notified Synthnesty International and they got on to my case After the weed tequila and mescalin ,I vaguely remember my brain being totally addled Gram Parsons/Neil Young style (I didn't get as far as writing tuneless acoustic guitar dirges which would have then been recognised as classics by the readership of various "Music Life Style" magazines such as Q ) I have now been coerced à la Russell Brand into Electro Rehabilitation and am being fed a healthy diet of JF , Deutsche Amerikanische Freundschaft, Cabaret Voltaire and Soft Cell I stipulated my agreement on the proviso there was NO Gary Numan or any Human League after "Dare"
Apparently when they put the strait jacket on I was serenading Linda Ronstadt with "One of these Nights" I never did find out whether I managed "to turn on her lights " ! smile
So , my friend "Take it easy , take it eaaaa..sy" (the offending tape has now been destroyed)
On a more serious note , if you are interested in any Georges Brassens stuff , get in touch through the site

Page 484 of 753 1 2 482 483 484 485 486 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.