Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 480 of 753 1 2 478 479 480 481 482 752 753
After seeing Ultravox at Hammersmith last week, I'm having an Ultravox day, especially after being rained off work today.

Peter

S
S
Yusuf - An Other Cup (My Favourite Album Of The Decade). Again in anticipation of his new cd Roadsinger. There is some great new music coming out just now.

Listening to Julianna Barwick. If you've ever wondered what the female version of Cathedral Oceans would sound like, try this. She apparently makes most of her music using her own voice, running it through guitar effects pedals and looping it. Most of the vocals are wordless ooh and ahh sounds, treating her voice more as an instrument for a result somewhere between Cocteau Twins ethereality (replacing Guthrie's guitars with vocal loops) and ambient. At least on the couple of tracks I've heard so far.

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
Listening to Julianna Barwick. If you've ever wondered what the female version of Cathedral Oceans would sound like, try this. She apparently makes most of her music using her own voice, running it through guitar effects pedals and looping it. Most of the vocals are wordless ooh and ahh sounds, treating her voice more as an instrument for a result somewhere between Cocteau Twins ethereality (replacing Guthrie's guitars with vocal loops) and ambient. At least on the couple of tracks I've heard so far.
Hmm. Not keen. Sounds a bit African. And the piano's a bit plinkyplonk.

Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe and other stuff cool

John Foxx My Lost City - someone will have to put out something very spectacular to knock this from my Album of the Year slot.

That's cool!

Sadly the novelty for MLC and ASL wore off pretty quick for me within a couple of weeks of each release, and haven't played them since.

This should mean both will be in for a nice rediscovery at some point in the future though...

Foxx & Guthrie - Luminous (long version)

wink

T
T
Today's my birthday, and after a dance round the Maypole and the immolation of the odd pious copper or two, it was time for the ladeez...

Siouxsie & The Banshees: Juju

Bat For Lashes: Two Suns

M
M
Happy Birthday, Steve! laugh laugh cool

Today it's been:

Nick Drake - 'Bryter Layter'

It got me out of a real dark mood.

Page 480 of 753 1 2 478 479 480 481 482 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.