Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 384 of 753 1 2 382 383 384 385 386 752 753
C
C
Harold Budd: The White Arcades

followed by 'Uptown/Downtown', 'When It Rains' and 'Quiet City'

(and it is very peaceful outside, looking out my window right now...)

I'm listening to me... :rolleyes:

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Harold Budd: The White Arcades

I haven't listened to The White Arcades for ages - it's a magnificent album, and was one of two albums (together with Luxa) which first got me into Harold's music. Over the years I've managed to acquire pretty much everything he's ever recorded, but I will always keep coming back to these two albums.

All of the albums he released on All Saints Records were remastered and repackaged a few years back - and there was I thinking that it couldn't be improved upon. At the last count, I think I'd bought this album five times! Again, I can only recommend it...

Rob

On the All Saints Records label theme -
Channel Light Vessel - Automatic.
(collaboration between Roger Eno, Bill Nelson, and oboist/saxophonist Kate St. John).

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Future Daze:
On the All Saints Records label theme -
Channel Light Vessel - Automatic.
(collaboration between Roger Eno, Bill Nelson, and oboist/saxophonist Kate St. John).
Crumbs - there's a 'blast from the past'. I seem to remember my first hearing about that 'project 'cos a track from Automatic appeared on the Glitters is Gold sampler CD. I haven't heard that album for ages - so it'll be next on today's playlist. Oddly enough, I'm now listening to The White Arcades... wink

Rob

The Chemical Brothers: Brotherhood

Nirvana - 'Bleach', and 'From The Muddy Banks.....'
Gary Numan - 'Replicas'

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
I haven't listened to The White Arcades for ages - it's a magnificent album...
All of the albums he released on [b]All Saints Records
were remastered and repackaged a few years back[/b]
It’s my favourite Harold Budd, every once in a while I play it, its an All Saints ’92 copy, didn’t realise it had been re-mastered, maybe I should pick up a new one, (I also have Lovely Thunder).

I had a period from ’90 to about ’93 when the only music I was listening to was ambient.
Music after the mid 80’s had less of an appeal for me, in ’88 a workmate once asked me about what music I was into, I jokingly replied that "I didn’t listen to any music at all, (true), as it all had too many moving parts…"

Right now I’m having to listen to some neighbours diagonally across from the flat, totally blasting out some Dance/Techno frown

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
[b] Harold Budd: The White Arcades

I haven't listened to The White Arcades for ages - it's a magnificent album, and was one of two albums (together with Luxa) which first got me into Harold's music. Over the years I've managed to acquire pretty much everything he's ever recorded, but I will always keep coming back to these two albums.

All of the albums he released on All Saints Records were remastered and repackaged a few years back - and there was I thinking that it couldn't be improved upon. At the last count, I think I'd bought this album five times! Again, I can only recommend it...

Rob [/b]
If I could only have one record it would be this one. I have used it countless times to drop off to and very rarely do I make it to the end. I mean this as the highest compliment. I must stress that I do also listen to the entirety of it outside of the bedroom. laugh

I
I
LOVE BITES BUZZCOCKS
TONIC FOR THE TROOPS BOOMTOWN RATS
STEVE MCQUEEN PREFAB SPROUT
SONGS OF QUALITY AND DISTINCTION VOL 2 B.E.F

Page 384 of 753 1 2 382 383 384 385 386 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.