Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 382 of 753 1 2 380 381 382 383 384 752 753
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] E.G. - I salute your bravery!
Why thank you Sir...

Actually I like the album a lot, although I will conceed to it's patchiness. But in the context of the band at the time, the death of Brian Epstein, the events involving India and the Maharashi and the relative failure (in Beatles terms at any rate) of the 'Magical Mystery Tour' film, John and Yoko, etc, the album's a fascinating document of where their minds and individual directions were heading in 1968. Excellent stuff really.

smile [/b]
Cheers E.G.

I understand the back catalogue is being re-mastered and re-issued in early 2009 (will Sgt.Pepper get a mono locked groove vinyl re-issue as it was originally released?) so maybe I'll try it again then. [/b]
Sniff loads of paintstripper beforehand (as I've just done ) and the wearing of a kaftan is de rigeur while listening in order to capture those mystical * scouse/Indians vibes

*Roget's theosaurus now gives this as a synonym of "addled"
The afternoon was taken up by" .PILLS AND THRILLS N BELLYACHES " HAPPY MONDAYS and SO TOUGH ST ETIENNE

There are various rumours about what's happening with The Beatles back catalogue Garry. One I read is from a Google forum page , although many sites and forums basically say the same thing.

The basic thinking/belief by the wider public is that the digital remasters are being worked on for compatability with iTunes, although re-packaging albums as double disc sets with a Mono disc and Stereo mix disc where possible looks likely. I bought Cream's 1967 album 'Disraeli Gears' in this format a year or so back and personally found the mono version much better to listen to as it had a better depth and sound quality thanks to the recording processes of the time, but I'm very interested to see just how well The Beatles material stands up to this process.

There's no mention anywhere of stereo or mono vinyl releases, but I guess there may be something to doing this given that vinyl is making a resurgance in popularity - I'm sure Apple Corps and EMI have thought long and hard about how best to market these releases when they come given the anticipation and depth of peoples expectations with the band.

Other sites of interest re: news on this are: -

www.beatlessweden.com

www.beatlelinks.net

Happy reading. All the best,

EG

C
C
Dirty Vegas Sound System: A night at the tables.

this album is about as 'House' as I'm ever likely to get in life, and probably the only time I listen to a CD with a Kylie remix on it smile !

I play it mostly for the tracks like 4, and 7: 'See', and 'Ghosts'

(wonder what Kylie would sound like if John remixed her? ...hmm, maybe I'll let that thought go)

John Foxx & Louis Gordon: The Pleasures Of Electricity

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeG:
John Foxx & Louis Gordon: The Pleasures Of Electricity
...may have to go down that path myself later!

but right now its Yonderboi: Shallow and Profound, seems to suit the fact that its grey grey grey, and raining yet again outside frown

The Archive
The Archive
This afternoon it's the very wonderful Last Train to Lhasa by Banco De Gaia - when I first heard this album (a couple of three years ago) I played it non-stop for about a week. I think that it's high time I gave it another spin... laugh

Rob

Roxy Music: Country Life

Nirvana - 'Nevermind'

Ultravox! - 'Ultravox!'

The Slits Cut

'Do A Runner! Do A Runner!
'Do A Runner! Do A Runner!

smile

Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
...Other sites of interest re: news on this are: -

www.beatlessweden.com

www.beatlelinks.net

Happy reading. All the best,

EG
Cheers EG!

Page 382 of 753 1 2 380 381 382 383 384 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.