Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 373 of 753 1 2 371 372 373 374 375 752 753
The Archive
The Archive
Tonight it's been Brian Eno : Original Masters : Ambient Works Selection... a great album to write E-Mails to... smile

Rob

Vangelis: Bladerunner OST

Administrator
Administrator
Metamatics and Norken: My Favourite Kind of Irrelevence

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Velvet Underground: Loaded

T
T
Today was/is:

Hayden "In Field & Town"
JF "Cathedral Oceans 2"
Barry Adamson "Stranger on the Sofa"
The Notwist "The Devil, You + Me"

Dark Continent- Wall Of Voodoo

one of my favorite albums ever

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Got round in listening to 2 new Gary Numan releases.

Replicant . I must say I'm delighted that Steve Malins is conducting the interviews for Gary and John. His questions succeed in maintaining the flow of the interview. At several points he also goes into discussions with the artist which is nice. It was great to find out that admist the mighty Minimoog and Polymoog Synthesizer (not the Keyboard version as this came later on...in Cars) some of the quirky synth sounds came from a Roland SH-2000.

The main synths on Replicas:

Minimoog Model D:

Polymoog Synthesizer (model 203A):

Roland SH-2000:

Something in-between an early SH-09 and an early Jupiter-4.

Interesting to note that Gary praises Ultravox and John Foxx in the interview. He always does.

Telekon Live. Gary and his band succeed in replicating the original sound with their new 21st century equipment. It's the only way to do it without taking any risks, as the old original analogue equipment are infamous for their unreliability. A great show and the spark is still there. A great version of Sleep by Windows .

I only wish we could have a live disc and an interview disc for The Pleasure Principle to complete the set.

Chris wink

Great post, very interesting.

Telekon Live is a stunning recording. Actually I prefer it to the original album!

Ultravox - Rage in Eden

I
I
Birkenhead's finest
Half Man Half Biscuit Back in the DHSS

I hadn't listened to it for the best part of a decade but still ace and side splittingly funny

For the uninitiated tracks include

I hate Nerys Hughes(Sincerely from the heart)
F++kin 'ell it's Fred Titmus
99 per cent of gargoyles look like Bob Todd

Addendum

Lyrics
Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to:
Nigel BlackwellBlackwell's personal mythology covers a wide range of topics which are often juxtaposed in counter-intuitive ways. A full understanding of HMHB lyrics is perhaps predicated on being born on Merseyside in the 1950s or 1960s, being unemployed (or at least not working, to permit exposure to daytime television) in the mid-1980s to early 1990s, and being an obsessive hoarder of books, records, football trivia, and memories of obscure television programmes. Occasionally Nigel turns his attention to the absurdities of everyday life.

Page 373 of 753 1 2 371 372 373 374 375 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.