Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 254 of 753 1 2 252 253 254 255 256 752 753
N
N
Nine Horses - Snow Borne Sorrow

Gary Numan: Telekon

T
T
Depeche Mode, live from 1980. I can't help thinking "Speak and Spell" should have been a much better album. For a start include "Dreaming of Me", "Ice Machine", "Shout", the instrumental of "Any Second Now". Then include "Television Set", "Addiction", "Tomorrow's Dance" and "Reason Man". Then lose "What's Your Name" (the worst DM track ever IMO), "Any Second Now (voices)" and possibly "Boys Say Go" and even "Just Can't Get Enough". But hey, that's all history - I should really move on! laugh

M
M
Kraftwerk: Electric Cafe

I haven't played this album for a few years & was surprised to hear how fresh it still sounds, which is quite rare of an album that was released in 1986.

It's Kraftwerk at their most symphonic.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
[b] [b]Apparatus and Hand Junk Receiver...

© Birdsong 2008. Thanks to Mark cool [/b]
I like the review Martin! Even if I've not heard the album! laugh

Isn't this our very own Mr.Ilektrik? I remember Quiet Trees putting a review and link up late last year - but for one reason or another, I wasn't able to access the link.

Is there any mp3s/links up where I can hear some of it? [/b]
Garry, I've sent you a message.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Thanks Martin, Garry and Ken.

I asked for 2 reasons really. One is that I have not listened to Blondie since 'back in the day' and two, there are alot of the early ones in the bargain bin (remastered and with bonus tracks)at my record shop so I was wondering whether to take the plunge.

I seem to only recall Parallel Lines (which I have on vinyl) and played quite alot at the time.
My fave is 'Eat To The Beat' - I can't comment on 'Plastic Letters' because I've never owned a copy, but I thought 'Parallel Lines' was rather tame & lightwieght in places - particularly 'Sunday Girl' which is really drippy.

On 'ETTB' I love Clem Burke's drumming on the whole album. Union City Blue, Victor, Dreaming, Accidents Never Happen, are superb, but stand-out track is Atomic. It has a special place in my heart because the 12" was bought for me by my then girlfriend Rebecca, who was the first girl I fell in love with. She was blonde too. The music & especially the lyrics "make it magnificent."

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
[b] [b]Apparatus and Hand Junk Receiver...

© Birdsong 2008. Thanks to Mark cool [/b]
I like the review Martin! Even if I've not heard the album! laugh

Isn't this our very own Mr.Ilektrik? I remember Quiet Trees putting a review and link up late last year - but for one reason or another, I wasn't able to access the link.

Is there any mp3s/links up where I can hear some of it? [/b]
Garry, I've sent you a message. [/b]
Will check my inbox at home tonight.

Garry

I'm currently listening to the free copy of 'Oxygene' - Not sure what I think of all this free album business (even if by buying the paper, I have bought into it) - it doesn't detract or cheapen the music at all, but it is a bit odd – giving away albums as if they were plastic astronauts in the bottom of a cereal packet.

Is the album still a work of art or a product or both? How would you feel if ‘Cathedral Oceans’ came free with your Super Soaraway Sun? Or am I just behaving like a snob?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm….

Cack! I forgot to buy the damned paper....
(Too busy installing a tumbledryer in a tiny cupboard with a door opening smaller than the machine. Above the washing machine. And I did it, too. Single-handedly. RAH!)

Hang on.. Cathedral Oceans in the Sun? Jolly Spiffing Idea, what?! (the Sun is cheap)

Actually, it'd fit with the customer profile of something more upmarket.

The Jam : Live Jam

was quite disappointed by it frown

Page 254 of 753 1 2 252 253 254 255 256 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.