Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 252 of 753 1 2 250 251 252 253 254 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Yesterday, Blondie - 'Plastic Letters', and 'Autoamerican'.
So, out of all the Blondie records of that period, which one, in your opinion, is their best?
I ask because I seem to go back and forth with Blondie.

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]I like the review Martin! Even if I've not heard the album! laugh

Isn't this our very own Mr.Ilektrik?
We have some damn fine musicians on this forum.
I can't play or sing a note laugh [/b]
Heh! Me neither! But it's not stopped me yet! wink

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
So, out of all the Blondie records of that period, which one, in your opinion, is their best?
I know its not my opinion you asked for, but for what its worth I personally feel that Blondie's first three albums (Blondie, Plastic Letter and Parallel Lines) are the only ones they did of much value.
Of these, the first one is probably the best, but there's not much to choose between them

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
[b] Yesterday, Blondie - 'Plastic Letters', and 'Autoamerican'.
I ask because I seem to go back and forth with Blondie. [/b]
The debut - it's just class. Just wish I had the initial poster edition! *sigh*

Following on from the Pleasures of Electricity , I've now loaded Shifting City on my MP3 player.

We'll see how that goes..

Quote:
Quote:
[b]So, out of all the Blondie records of that period, which one, in your opinion, is their best?
I know its not my opinion you asked for, but for what its worth I personally feel that Blondie's first three albums (Blondie, Plastic Letter and Parallel Lines) are the only ones they did of much value.
Of these, the first one is probably the best, but there's not much to choose between them [/b]
Yes that does pretty much answer it, the first three are the best. 'ETTB' was a prelude to 'Autoamerican'. Of the first three i would pick 'Parallel Lines' as their most complete.

Ive been looking around for other Blondie ones and found too many for my wallet. Theres offical bootleg and live albums now, and some demos all commercially avalible.

Thanks Martin, Garry and Ken.

I asked for 2 reasons really. One is that I have not listened to Blondie since 'back in the day' and two, there are alot of the early ones in the bargain bin (remastered and with bonus tracks)at my record shop so I was wondering whether to take the plunge.

I seem to only recall Parallel Lines (which I have on vinyl) and played quite alot at the time.

I
I
Scritti Politti Songs to Remember
Hev Sev Penthouse and Pavement

Re The Debbie Harry Band I was lucky to have seen them in my Freshman year at the Rag Ball at Lancaster University in Feb 78 Anyone else on here had the privilege ?
Mungo Jerry as support ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT !!!!

Administrator
Administrator
Huoratron New Judas

I've been following this guy (from a respectable distance eek ) since I first heard his remix of Dislocated.

Sadly his website now seems pretty useless, but there is some good innovative techno-electronic wizardry at his myspace site:-

http://www.myspace.com/huoratron

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
T
T
Quote:

I can't play or sing a note laugh
Can't? Or WON'T? wink

Page 252 of 753 1 2 250 251 252 253 254 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.