Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 243 of 753 1 2 241 242 243 244 245 752 753
I
I
Would you believe "The Best of Petula Clark" ! shocked First heard this stuff as a five year old As a glam /soon to be punk teenager I absolutely loathed smug git Tony Hatch on New Faces , but with the benefit of age and hindsight I take my hat off to you Tone top songwriter even if I'd never want to go for a pint with you ! "Downtown" is an absolute jewel of a song , musically and lyrically I can even see where Martin Fry got his inspiration for "The Lexicon of Love" from . The abovementioned musical meisterwerk also brings back memories of one of the best films ever made "Twin Town"
Maybe John and Petula could perform a duet
"Don't sleep in the Underpass , darling " laugh

Aye...I'd always considered Uptown/Downtown as a homage to Clarke-Hatch anyway ...

currently listening to: Tubeway Army - Replicas

[/QUOTE]Still not sure about Slope , but I'm confident that it'll grow on me - I do like the track Playground Martyrs. As for the Ulrich Schnauss CD... I also don't think that it's as good as its predecessors, but in all fairness they are both very tough acts to follow.

Rob [/QB][/QUOTE]

Hi Rob,

This is the first Ulrich Schnauss CD I've heard. What can you recommend?

I really like 'Slope' a lot - I'm glad it's so clearly Jansen, it made me realise just how much Jansen added to Nine Horses.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Would you believe "The Best of Petula Clark" ! shocked First heard this stuff as a five year old.
eek I remember hearing 'Pet' when i was a three year old. The power of chord changes etc was interesting enough to really make me listen, even at that age. And so my musical story began.....

..she also sang in Italian and French bless her heart (see/hear recent Radio 4 docu on foreign language pop in the 60s)

So far today: Talk Talk - Talk Talk

M
M
Best of David Bowie DVD. It's his birthday today. Bowie is exactly 12 years younger than Elvis.

I played a lot of Bowie today, to celebrate his 61st Birthday!

This morning one of my own tracks called Pulsate

Tonight The Complete Movie soundtrack for Alien by Jerry Goldsmith (new 2 disc Intrada version)

Has to tie with Blade Runner for my all time favourite movie score.

I
I
An album I didn't really get into at its time "Argus Wishbone Ash " time to give it another chance after all this time

*dons long wig , lights spliff , raises both arms aloft with hands displaying "V for victory " signs and shakes head furiously" smile

Page 243 of 753 1 2 241 242 243 244 245 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.