Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 218 of 753 1 2 216 217 218 219 220 752 753
After ordering a ticket to see Gary Numan in London next March, it'll be the first time I've seen him live, I just had to give Replicas a spin. IMHO it's one of his best albums.

Peter

Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b] I gave Bartos' album a spin last year. It was like listening to a bunch of camp Cybermen groovin' away at the YMCA.
Not a fan, then.
laugh laugh laugh [/b]
I enjoyed it - it certainly had a few good moments - but too much of it wallowed (or tried to) in the glory of days gone by and the majority of the album was so camp and colourful I had to wear sunglasses!

Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
After ordering a ticket to see Gary Numan in London next March, it'll be the first time I've seen him live, I just had to give Replicas a spin. IMHO it's one of his best albums.

Peter
Replicas is certainly one of his best albums, although I rarely play it. Compared to how the songs developed live over the years, some of the album originals sound a bit basic or amateur in places.

Actually some of my favourite Replicas tracks are actually the bonus tracks on the re-master: "We Have A Technical", "Only A Downstat" and "The Crazies". Brilliant. It'll be fantastic if he performs those live!

Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:

Peter
Enjoy the show, Peter. I never got the chance to see him live but I know it will be worth the cost of admission.
And yes, Replicas is up at the top of the list.

Listening to Gary Numan - various tracks, 1979-1983

In honour of Gary's Mighty Boosh cameo, last night, I'm going to bung ALL my different versions of CARS in a winamp playlist, even the crap remixes, and play the lot. (that's probably several hours worth..)

(engage controversy mode)
So far,the best version is by Fear Factory, featuring Gary Numan. I think it was on the special edition of "Obsolete".
(disengage controversy mode)

Actually I thought the FF version of Cars was the best since the original.

'From Trash' today - just becomes a richer experience everytime I listen to it.

As much as I love 'Sideways', 'From Trash' is easily the far stronger of the two.

Despite coming from the same sessions, they're hard to compare.

if I had to "choose" one, it would be From Trash since it is a much more contemporary sounding album than Sideways, which to my ears it a bit more 'nostalgic'... I find it has more similarities to John's older work (which is not a bad thing) but Trash has a more modern and stylised edge.

Page 218 of 753 1 2 216 217 218 219 220 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.