Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 151 of 753 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
After seven Chemical Brothers albums yesterday, im taking a break from them now....
Garry: 'Dig Your Own Hole' does stand out along with their latest one. Its first plays for them all though, so im playing them again late, just one or two a day this time round. smile
Glad you liked them Newvox! Someone once said of 'Dig Your Own Hole' that it was 'Easy to love, harder to listen too' - never really knew what they meant by that! I think it's great!

Think I'll have to give 'Elektrobank/Piku' a spin tonight! smile

Well when I get the chance to listen to my CDS (without them turning into Mcfly or Take That after two tracks.... called having kids and not being able to play your own CDS haha)I listen to alot of "Jellyfish" "Nick Kelly" and I have recently been turned onto a band from Seattle called "The Posies" and of course John Foxx - Compilation "Assembly" because it is varied - but I will have to "unfortunately" dust down the rest...... I have forgotten about alot of amazing tracks... which I have a feeling I will be falling in love with all over again smile

I
I
Still going thru my old cassetes
PJ Harvey Water (debut album)
Dress and Shenna na gig are quality

A Eurythmics collection earlier on.

Just listened to Retro Future - fantastic!

Sarah

laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
A Eurythmics collection earlier on.

Just listened to Retro Future - fantastic!

Sarah

laugh
Now Sarah your just making me jealous smile

Brian

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
i must get those too. actually i got the 5th disc from ebay, didn't find that 5-cd version from finland.
Hi there!

The 5-CD version is a limited edition and can now only be bought second hand. Just managed to find a copy.

The good news is that if you already have the 5th disc you only need the standard 4-CD set, which is readily available. Yes, your bonus disc is the same as the 5th disc.

Chris wink

Chemical Brothers 'We Are The Night'

I know a few people on here don't like it, but I have to say I do enjoy 'The Salmon Dance' - it reminds me a lot of those early more-humourus Electro tracks like Whodini's 'Magic Wand', Newcleus ‘Jam On It’ Packman ‘I'm A Pac Man’ and the Daisy-Age Hip-Hop of early De La Soul…Hip-Hop before the Death Squads moved in.

T
T
Howard Devoto - Jerky Versions Of The Dream.

I had never heard this album until last week and I wasn't expecting too much as Devoto seemed to be losing his form with the final Magazine album 'Magic, Murder, And The Weather'. However, I was pleasantly surprised. To me this is on a par with the first three Magazine albums and Cold Imagination is one of the best songs Devoto ever did.

Tubeway Army - 'Living Ornaments '78', after a few days of Chem Bro's.
Make that vote #2 for 'the salmon dance'.

I
I
The Marseillaise smile smile smile smile

Page 151 of 753 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.