Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 148 of 753 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 752 753
Human League - 'Crash' and 'Secrets'.
(Too easy to always play their best, so im playing some of the rest).

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
[b] Some tracks from Japan's - 'Tin Drum' and 'Oil On Canvas'.
Sylvian playing 50 miles down the road tonight in Turin Can't go because my good lady wife has arranged a meal with friends BOOoo ! mad mad [/b]
LOL ! . .wife arranging meal with friends !! hahaha . .tell me about it!

Listening to TPOE this morn ... and now seriously craving for Metamatic re-issue to hit my letterbox.

I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Some tracks from Japan's - 'Tin Drum' and 'Oil On Canvas'.
Sylvian playing 50 miles down the road tonight in Turin Can't go because my good lady wife has arranged a meal with friends BOOoo ! mad mad [/b]
LOL ! . .wife arranging meal with friends !! hahaha . .tell me about it!

Listening to TPOE this morn ... and now seriously craving for Metamatic re-issue to hit my letterbox. [/b]
Good morning Sir It was a goodmeal at least To be honest I like Mr Sylvian but not enough to risk a potential divorce (had it been Mr Foxx well I'd now be getting a decree nisi ready ) Let's hope he bringsthe "Metamatic" thing over to Milan or Rome You never know .Keep your ears to the ground ! If I might be controversial ,if you had a copy of the Mona Lisa would you digitally enhance it I'm in two minds whether to get the new Metamatic (obviously not a financial consideration)I just don't want to lose the magic (As Barry White might have said) I even felt guilty getting it again on CD One of my pleasures of going back to Liverpool is throwing the vinyl version on the record player *

*for the benefit of the younger forum members , a prototype sound system consisting of arm and turntable , as used by Fred Flintstone and Barnie Rubble
smile smile smile smile

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Metamatic of course...the second CD is brilliant, it's like the electronic follow up to Metamatic I was dreaming about!

Chris wink

Quote:
Good morning Sir It was a goodmeal at least To be honest I like Mr Sylvian but not enough to risk a potential divorce (had it been Mr Foxx well I'd now be getting a decree nisi ready ) Let's hope he bringsthe "Metamatic" thing over to Milan or Rome You never know .Keep your ears to the ground ! If I might be controversial ,if you had a copy of the Mona Lisa would you digitally enhance it I'm in two minds whether to get the new Metamatic (obviously not a financial consideration)I just don't want to lose the magic (As Barry White might have said) I even felt guilty getting it again on CD One of my pleasures of going back to Liverpool is throwing the vinyl version on the record player *
Sir,
know what you mean about the Metamatic re-issue thing, in fact I've 'resisted' the previous two CD issues for that reason, but I though this one was worth getting if only for the new unreleased stuff. it's still his best album IMHO and anything that 'supplements' it is going to be worth it.
Lost your e-mail addy mate..mail me through here if you will.

Feels like a 'Chemical Brothers' day today,
which has started with tracks from 'We Are The Night'.

'Nice One Cyril' by The Cockerel Chorus...

alright I'm lying - I'm actually playing 'Metamatic' but you all probably already knew that wink

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:

alright I'm lying - I'm actually playing 'Metamatic' but you all probably already knew that wink
What that, ten days in a row by now. eek

I really am playing the Chem's, i was sent some bits by M thats just turned up today. So im jumping in at the deep end, as far as 'dance' goes.

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
What that, ten days in a row by now. eek

I really am playing the Chem's, i was sent some bits by M thats just turned up today. So im jumping in at the deep end, as far as 'dance' goes. [/b]
Perhaps I should let the Guinness Book Records know! laugh

If only Roy Castle was alive - I could celebrate listening to Metamatic non-stop with Roy doing a rendition of 'Underpass' on his trumpet wink

Hope you like the Chems! Try 'Surrender' and if you're really brave 'Dig Your Own Hole' - easily their best album.

Quote:

Hope you like the Chems! Try 'Surrender' and if you're really brave 'Dig Your Own Hole' - easily their best album.
Thanks Garry, the fact that im giving them a spin at all is rare for this 'ol numanoid.

I think M said 'Dig Your Own Hole' is the best too, (after 'We Are The Night' in her opinion)
So i'll keep an ear open for the difference.

The thing that impressed me most from the random bits ive played, is that each album sounds different from the next. Thats one of the reasons i dont consider them an average 'dance' act.

Page 148 of 753 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.