Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 146 of 753 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 752 753
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I'll have to track down Beyond the Storm... is it similar to the TD stuff?
Yeah, reasonably so - Edgar oversaw the production of a five CD Tangerine Dream box-set a few years ago (entitled Tangents where all of the tracks were 'remixed' (or 'Tangentised'). A few years later he took the same approach with his own back-catalogue and the result was Beyond the Storm...

Rob

Visage - 'Visage' cdr including b-sides. (without 12" mixes) smile

M
M
Visage - 'Visage' CD has poor sound quality compared to vinyl. 20 years ago I was so blinded by new technology that I sold (or rather gave) many vinyl albums away, most of them in pristine condition. Silly me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
Visage - 'Visage' CD has poor sound quality compared to vinyl.
Yes and the US version of 'The Anvil' cd is even worse. Maybe when the new tracks are released, there may be some remasters of the Visage early albums too.

Today playing some tracks from the 'old' second issue cd of 'Metamatic'.

I
I
Just raided my old cassette collection Dug out minor Bristol scene player (eclipsed by Massive Attack , Portishead and Tricky) GARY CLAIL HUMAN NATURE IMHO it hasn't aged very well This was followed by my fellow Scouser and Scott Walker wannabe THOMAS LANG (no relation to K.D)LITTLE MOSCOW Thomas graduated from the Midge Ure Academy .His thesis was entitled "Wearing a long mac and having slicked back hair fools people into thinking you are a sensitive avant garde ground breaking artiste " To be fair not a bad effort 6.5/10
He was last seen working a a ticket collector on Merseyrail
THe icing on the cake was finding "Mysterious Ways . Not Dennis' best ,but a body of work many other musicians can only dream about

Hi Ivan,

I did some cassette digging recently too! I digitally transfered my 'Music for Stowaways' cassette - some brilliant stuff on there.

Today I'm listening to 'Sideways' again

I
I
Hello Gaz Long time no speak Did you get any cycle action in the end ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Hello Gaz Long time no speak Did you get any cycle action in the end ?
Yes I did! Saw all the London Grand Depart/Prologue, and then went to Paris for étape 20 along Champs-Élysées! That was a tour that'll go down in history eh? Sadly for all the wrong reasons.

I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
[b] Hello Gaz Long time no speak Did you get any cycle action in the end ?
Yes I did! Saw all the London Grand Depart/Prologue, and then went to Paris for étape 20 along Champs-Élysées! That was a tour that'll go down in history eh? Sadly for all the wrong reasons. [/b]
Sorry about that No Ivan ,no party laugh

I hope my illustrious namesake manages to clear his name .
We'll have to have a Foxx Day in Milan in May to coincide with "Il Giro" finish
I got to see a "tappa" (Stage) back in May

If you are interested , here's my interpretation of events on WSAG
http://everton.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=887&p=2&stid=8447597

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Hi Ivan,

I did some cassette digging recently too! I digitally transfered my 'Music for Stowaways' cassette - some brilliant stuff on there.

Again, after painstakingly transferring cassette to digital (badly) I 'came across' said opus in already in digital form .. Music to Kill You PArents by eh? . .would need one of them 'advisory' stickers these days I s'pose.

Page 146 of 753 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.