Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49235 06/17/18 07:47 AM
G
Gwilym Offline OP
OP Offline
G
According to Jarre's Facebook page something will be happening on 22/6/18: Does anyone know what this might be? Perhaps a new compilation of rare & unreleased tracks, or possibly a brand new album?

https://www.facebook.com/jeanmicheljarre/

Last edited by Gwilym; 06/17/18 09:59 PM.
Gwilym #49236 06/18/18 03:54 PM
Lots of anniversaries coming up ... '1968' has been mentioned somewhere, although this year Jarre himself will be 70 and second album Equinoxe will be 40 years old.

We'll have to wait and see!

G
Gwilym Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Yes you're right, it's 40 years since Equinoxe was released. For some reason I had it in my mind that it came out in '79 which is why I assumed it would be some kind of new compilation instead.

If it is for the anniversary of Equinoxe then perhaps that's why Jarre's facebook page has an image of the sky with a flock of black birds- a reference to equal day and night?

If it actually is a follow-up I hope it'll be as good as Oxygene 7-13 was.

Last edited by Gwilym; 06/18/18 08:29 PM.
Gwilym #49241 06/19/18 12:05 PM
There's a nice 'composite' picture on instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/jeanmicheljarre/

Another picture mentions "It all started 50 years ago..." so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe an(other) overall career retrospective?

Instagram just changed again - new pictures: looks like a career spanning retrospective with a couple of previously unreleased tracks.

Stay tunèd...

G
Gwilym Offline OP
OP Offline
G
That's a bit of a shame- it's just a compilation of stuff we've already got peppered with a couple of rare tracks to whet the appetite. frown

An ideal release would be the Music For Supermarkets album. From what I understand the master tapes weren't destroyed, only the vinyl stampers. Jarre could do a CD-only release which wouldn't in any way diminish the original '83 LP because that will always be the famously auctioned 'one-off' vinyl pressing.

Gwilym #49244 06/22/18 08:56 AM
Funnily enough I was listening to Music For Supermarkets last night on Youtube. For me it's interesting to hear some early versions of tracks that ended up on Zoolook.

G
Gwilym Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I wonder if we'll ever get to hear a high-quality stereo version? I guess the current owner would have to agree since he owns the copyright, but surely a proper release of it would make him a lot of money?

I
I
Originally Posted By: Your Shadow
Funnily enough I was listening to Music For Supermarkets last night on Youtube. For me it's interesting to hear some early versions of tracks that ended up on Zoolook.

Yes, I heard it both in The Asda and The Aldi !

Ha ha. Nice one Ivan.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.