Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Hannah Peel's next single is a remix of Hope Lasts (from the album Awake But Always Dreaming) and will be available for digital download on 7th April 2017

A bonus track with the single is a version of Cars In The Garden which features John Foxx as guest vocalist

https://hannahpeel.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=31644

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
P
P
Foxx singing a Paul Buchanan number? Pinch me! I can hardly wait until April 7th! Please tell me I can buy this from The States.

Last edited by postpunkmonk; 03/01/17 07:52 PM.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

It is indeed true. I wonder if you can play the extract on the link above?

Here's what Hannah had to say about the original track...

Cars In The Garden

I’m a big fan of the Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops in particular, both the songs and production. This is a cover of Paul Buchanan’s song from his Mid Air album (2012) and nothing else perfectly sums up to me what it says about us as we grow old and leave this world. Our bones and skin becoming one with the dust of the earth, like the cars in the garden, we rust, become forgotten and nature just takes over.

I used my signature music box and each hand punched note and crank of the handle echoes a return to childhood, which I believe dementia heartbreakingly leads us to in the end. During one of the last days with Erland Cooper in the studio together, Hayden Thorpe (Wild Beasts) was passing my room to make a tea and not feeling like the album was finished, we asked if he would be up for singing on the song. It turned out he was another huge fan of Paul Buchanan and so said yes immediately. His ‘one take’ dulcet tones were perfect and I’m so thankful. It now echoes and feels like a poignant companion leaving behind the other who cares so deeply but it keeps us in the hearts and memory until the end.

Erland Cooper sang the male part when Hannah performed it live in Shoreditch last year, though I understand John Foxx had by then already recorded a studio version, which is the one coming out in April.

Good, innit laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
P
P
Well, I must be able to buy the DL in The States; I received an email announcing it from 4AD today. I hate when they restrict downloads due to territorial rights issues which drive me insane.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

OUT TODAY

Friday 7th April.

Both tunes on this release are fab. Quite different from each other, but well worth the £1.79 download fee

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.