Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Thursday July 27th at exhibition centre Liverpool.

Tickets on sale this Friday.

Brian

P
P
Yeah. One of the readers of my blog sent that to me while I was sleeping. It'll doubtlessly be a BIG THING, but Numan lost me about 2000 or so. "Exile" was the last straw for me before his aggro metal years. Would I cross the Atlantic to see JF+TM? Yeah. Give me $5K and I'll prove it! I'd balk at personally spending the enormous travel cost for an opening set.

Last edited by postpunkmonk; 02/28/17 05:36 PM.

Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Presale link for tickets is 10am tomorrow morning via this link:-

http://garynuman.seetickets.com/go/gnpresale

Brian

Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Got myself a seated ticket.

Only decided this morning.

Brian

P
P
Well, it's not terribly costly. Don't blame you Brian. Don't know if I would stay for Numan at this point. He's decades past his sell-by point with me.

Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
I've only seen him perform live 3 or 4 times so i'm not fed up with him quite yet.

I never saw him back in the day but i get the impression he's much better now.

Brian

Administrator
Administrator

Numan is fantastic live now, and has got better each time I have seen him over the last five years. He is passionate on stage and clearly loves it.

However I have seen him do the same material too many times and can't be doing with 'more of the same' Hits etc.

If this was a national tour with new material - I would consider it differently

P
P
I was a Numan fan from early'79. I heard "Are 'Friends' Electric" when "Replicas" was released in America on the FM radio, believe it or not. I only ever saw Numan once on the US "Exile" tour in 1998-ish. It was a really small club where the promoter downsized the show from a large, really nice showcase club to the smaller one that they also owned on the night of the show. Numan was really angry! After that time his material has been moving in a strong NIN direction; yech. I heard samples from the next album and where "Exile" had been "Sacrifice" watered down, the one that followed "Exile" was another paler copy. Corny, dated industrial metal. Well, it got him in Kerrang! I enjoyed "Sacrifice" a lot on its release, but then he got stuck in a pattern he's only plowed deeper, not wider. When I got the "Machine Music" DVD I had to skip the last third of it. I like the classic early Beggars Banquet material ['78-'81], but also the first three Numa albums, and "Sacrifice."

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.