Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 46 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 45 46
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
I can see I am merely a domestic Tatooine-based stormtrooper who cannot compete with your Obi-Wan Jedi status guv!

Use the force Rads...Use. The. Force.

Numerical (post) punks dream of youngsters not going with City.

(Song: 2, 3, 4, 3, 6)

Originally Posted By: MemberD
I can see I am merely a domestic Tatooine-based stormtrooper who cannot compete with your Obi-Wan Jedi status guv!

SWITCHING OFF MY TACTICAL COMPUTER AND GOING TO MANUAL! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GQMIXGRjaw

I
OP Offline
I
I'm sorry I logged in now I've got B 52 ,Level 42 and 999 songs going through me swede !!
here's a dead easy one
These chart-toppers just wouldn't settle for a six- storey building we hear (5 5)
*^turns over 5 minute egg timer*

SWITCHING OFF MY TACTICAL COMPUTER AND GOING TO MANUAL! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GQMIXGRjaw

KOOOOR-REKT!

Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
I'm sorry I logged in now I've got B 52 ,Level 42 and 999 songs going through me swede !!
here's a dead easy one
These chart-toppers just wouldn't settle for a six- storey building we hear (5 5)
*^turns over 5 minute egg timer*

Who rattled your cage, John? (geddit?)

ummm....what century?

Administrator
Administrator

I have to say guys how massively chuffed I am with with the totally f*cked up and twisted clues coming through here.

I am beyond b*ggered by all of them, yet somehow, you work them out.

Impressed?

Nearly laugh

Can I have a turn?

Greenwich suburb meets similar from Hounslow in Hollywood hall of fame. That'll baffle 'em... (Band 5, Song 8, 6)

I
OP Offline
I
[quote=RadioBeach]I can see I am merely a domestic Tatooine-based stormtrooper who cannot compete with your Obi-Wan Jedi status guv!

O, 3, 4, 3, 6)

OK Membs I've got Mystic Meg on the case "I can see an irascable Scottish alcoholic engaging in a naughty sexual position in the NW of England I can see an alledgedly bad-haired jewel thief accomplice too and a big drinking Northern Irish sex symbol , The word fake is coming up "

OK my piledriver has come shuddering back of the bar , an easy tap in for Rads or Martin

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 08/26/16 07:08 AM.
I
OP Offline
I
As I've 99 per cent solved the above one , another one for me
"Is this sub par band singing about Cliff Richard, Steve Redgrave or Alan Sugar? " (3, 2, 5, 6)

'ang on, 'ang on. I've hardly had time to park up me tractor and you lot are already huddled round today's crossword while getting 'em in chez the local!

I'm still stuck on "These chart-toppers just wouldn't settle for a six- storey building we hear (5 5)".

I'm well wurzel gummidged!

I
OP Offline
I
Ok Membs. Some help I've virtually solved yours but Ivan* is working as a gregario today rather than the star man (waiting in the sky) I'll let Rads take the glory if and when he emerges from the chippy. The year was 1981 THey were the second band from this country to top the UK charts The first was a lekky band much loved on here They did it a year earlier

caveat I think they were native English speakers but fiscally and artistically they were not regarded as such
*he is also referring to himself in the third person which is a sign of impending insanity.

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 08/26/16 10:20 AM.
Page 40 of 46 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 45 46

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.