Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 135 of 753 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Altered Images: Now that brings back memories. smile [/QB]
Oh really :rolleyes: wink

I
I
MaryAnn Sarah Nevox and Member D
Many thanks from my little girl
To show our gratitude

Sing it Claire you wee Glaswegian vixen smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqD826HGuI

L
L
Im listening to Fischerspooner's 2nd album "Odyssey",not played it in a while and it still sounds gorgeous.

TPOE & Modern Art smile

A-Ha - 'Analogue'
(I took it to mean they were using 'old synths', but this album has the least synths the've ever used. In this case analogue appears to mean 'traditional instruments').

Nothing at the moment since I cannot hear a thing since the Chemical Brothers gig last night

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Nothing at the moment since I cannot hear a thing since the Chemical Brothers gig last night
So how was the gig then M apart from loud.

Mini review please!! smile

How I say it? It was UNBELIEVABLE! Hammerstein Ballroom is a great old landmark theater with high ceilings and balconies. I was on the floor. The place was packed. Sold out.
Opening was The Rub which is a great party and DJ crew. They got the crowd going. They were on for a 1 1/4 hours.

Ed and Tom came on around 930 pm and right away: Galvanize, Burst Generator, All Rights Reversed.
They played one hour nonstop, stopped for 1 minute so the crowd could catch its breath and then started right up again. All in all the show was a little over 2 hours. Block Rockin Beats, Saturate were also included.

The floor of the place was bouncing. The lasers, lights and projections were nonstop.
I have been to alot of gigs but the sound and lights and crowd....the whole experience: EVERYONE should go to at least one Chemical Brothers gig if they can.

Doesn't make up for never seeing Numan or Ultravox in the glory years but it comes damn close.

Thanks for giving us that insight into last nights Chemical buzz. Sounds like it made up for the Chris Cornell fiasco, although that was not down to him. Nice one M.

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
OMD - 'The Best Of'

(But keeps looking at the 'Metamatic' cd instead). :rolleyes:
Whenever I put the best of OMD on I can't help noticing and lamenting how the quality dips after the first few singles as they got more commercial.

As for me, most recently it's been:

The Knife - 'Deep Cuts' and
Nick Nicely - 'Psychotropia'.

Page 135 of 753 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.