Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 46 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 45 46
I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: MemberD

Will this 40 year old current state of affairs ever be solved? (7, 4)*

* for the "greaser" in you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5P3gvQ3f5E

Hmmm.. obviously stretching back too far for you Ivan. As a clue I'd say you can do whatever you want, or whatever you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5P3gvQ3f5E

Not a big fan of theirs but this is truly ace Spent many a happy hour with the sweeping brush in front of the mirror with a dead sheep's fleece on me bonce miming to this. I think I even said on here I'd like to see Den cover it .It'd be a bit difficult for him to do air- synth mind at his venerable age !

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 05/12/16 12:57 PM.
Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso

Not a big fan of theirs but this is truly ace Spent many a happy hour with the sweeping brush in front of the mirror with a dead sheep's fleece on me bonce miming to this. I think I even said on here I'd like to see Den cover it .It'd be a bit difficult for him to do air- synth mind at his venerable age !

Cor-rect! Taken from the '76 album Blue For You from whence a denim clad Quo stare outwards at this unsuspecting pubescent country boy saying "We are the future of music".

It was like punk *had* to happen ...

But moving swiftly on ..

Biblical origins need re-booting in 1980. (4, 2, 2, 5)

I
OP Offline
I
The horrendous Phil collins He should be put om trial for Crimes against Music ! I'm not even going to sully myself by providing a link "Turn it friggin' OFF again " as far as I am concerned !!
Anyway
"Great late Dundee singer is beseeched not to make the Kafkaesque transformation into a piece of 70's confectionery, we hear "
(5, 4 2 1 4 !)

Administrator
Administrator

I have been away from this excellent thread for ages.
Well done chaps - it is very entertaining. I just read the whole thing back from the beginning

I want to join in again, but the bar is pretty high and I just can't get the clues in time.
If I do manage to solve one I will set another, just to give you a bit of variety

Keep up the good work!

*scratches head*

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic

Welcome back Birdsong! All contributions welcome.

Regarding Ivan's latest conundrum I'm likewise scratching my head although I believe there's only one late, great Dundee singer: wee Billy Mackenzie.
Sadly I am unacquainted with his repertoire, so am forced to fall back on search engines, all systems running.

I
OP Offline
I
You have been disappointingly slow on this my fellow Foxxheads , so here is some pictorial help

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Idol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_(chocolate)

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 06/10/16 08:10 PM.

Ha! Ha! Ha! I think I've got it at last, although have been unable to fit Kafka into the equation.

Where *do* you get them from?

I
OP Offline
I

Ha! Ha! Ha! I think I've got it at last, although have been unable to fit Kafka into the equation.

Where *do* you get them from?

Well in Marco ! Good timing Not been on this site for nearly 2 weeks BILLY DON'T BE BE (METAMORPHASIZE) INTO A AERO !!
Fine song Says more about the futility of war than those aching simpletons Bono and Springsteen could ever express

Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso

Well in Marco ! Good timing Not been on this site for nearly 2 weeks BILLY DON'T BE BE (METAMORPHASIZE) INTO A AERO !!
Fine song Says more about the futility of war than those aching simpletons Bono and Springsteen could ever express

"Don't be a fool with your life /Come back and make me a wife!" - poetry, mate, sheer poetry.

I'll just leave this here:

Solitary songstress may cater for just one man, but it's in her DNA. (4, 5)

Page 38 of 46 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 45 46

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.