Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 107 of 125 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
Johan Cruyff no longer with us . It was ace watching him play for Ajax when I was a nipper. A real artist.

It was very sad news about Cruyff. I have to confess - it was funny though watching the clips of him they showed as a tribute. They showed footage of him in action - stunning stuff; 'total football' n all that. Then they'd show you him training or at half-time - having a crafty cigarette before attempting to destroy West Germany in '74.

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
It was very sad news about Cruyff. I have to confess - it was funny though watching the clips of him they showed as a tribute. They showed footage of him in action - stunning stuff; 'total football' n all that. Then they'd show you him training or at half-time - having a crafty cigarette before attempting to destroy West Germany in '74.

Here is a fitting tribute to the godlike total- footballing ciggy fiend

http://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2016/mar/29/david-squires-on-johan-cruyff

Ah! Glad you follow the Squires cartoons as well - he's brilliant!

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
Ah! Glad you follow the Squires cartoons as well - he's brilliant!

I know I'm biased but this is my fave of his. I brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes , , especially the Stoke away reference. Before Rob gets on me back it does have a musical reference, Elton John!
http://www.theguardian.com/football/pict...-howard-kendall
Your Shadow , should you chance upon this post, please click on the link, you'll love it. The great man really lived up to Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 03/30/16 07:53 PM.
Hi Ivan. Yes I've seen the cartoon strip. Excellent. A nice tribute to one of our heroes.

I didn't know she was a blue.

I
OP Offline
I
The Jellied Eel Eaters have given you a chink of light there Radler ! Things are grim on Planet Toffee. Pivotal week for us. We travel half a mile to the Shithole in midweek to face Herr Transplant and his motley crew. We'll probably be handed our arses. A horror story worthy of Edgar Allen Poe awaits us on Saturday at Wembley as we take on Manure I'll level with you, I'm dreading it.

I just had a look at the table and - you're mid-table! A place where my lot used to hang out for many a season. It ain't good but at least you're not Villa! I think you could honest;y give ManUre something to think about.

I like Martinez - I can see what he's trying to do - but it hasn't worked really. Mind you, if he should go - there's a few players who need to be shown the door as well.

Page 107 of 125 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.