Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 132 of 753 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 752 753
Japan - 'Gentlemen Take Polaroids'

Sarah laugh

David Sylvian - Everything & Nothing
Tori Amos - To Venus & Back
Gary Numan - Exile

I
I
Baby shambles .Holly go lightly ,Blanche , Kevin Ayers , The Bishops

to name but five Just picked up "Rock&Folk" the french version of "Uncut" an the free 22 track cd Quite good so far

Metamatic (Deluxe), again and again and again...

Actually, rather than clogging up this thread everyday with what I'm listening to I'm just going to put it all on one reply;

Tomorrow: Metamatic (Deluxe)
Friday: Metamatic (Deluxe)
Saturday: Metamatic (Deluxe)
Sunday: Metamatic (Deluxe)

wink

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Metamatic (Deluxe), again and again and again...

Actually, rather than clogging up this thread everyday with what I'm listening to I'm just going to put it all on one reply;

wink
Since I put CD1 in the car,I've not stopped playing it either.The sound is so much better on the re-master. laugh

There is an helpline number just started for anyone having problems playing 'Metamatic' too much. I phoned it yesterday, but its just a recording of John recommending which hifi to use. wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Quote:
[b] Metamatic (Deluxe), again and again and again...

wink
Since I put CD1 in the car,I've not stopped playing it either.The sound is so much better on the re-master. laugh [/b]
Yeah! I swear I can hear percussion sounds I never noticed before, certainly on tracks like 'This City'.

I'm getting slightly obsessive with the second disc too - it seems to me to have a darker feel to it than the album, don't know how to describe it really; 'Through a Metamatic Darkly'...well, until the Vince Clarke-ness of 'Like A Miracle' anyhow!

I need to get out more and stop obsessing with this album. Mind you, I've probably said that since 1981! laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
There is an helpline number just started for anyone having problems playing 'Metamatic' too much. I phoned it yesterday, but its just a recording of John recommending which hifi to use. wink
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Superb! laugh laugh laugh

Seriously, though...what's that number? wink

Quote:

Seriously, though...what's that number? wink
If there was one it would be into meltdown by now Garry. Ive played it just three times now by choosing other cds instead. But theres really only one album for the rest of this year. smile

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Metamatic (Deluxe), again and again and again...

wink
Since I put CD1 in the car,I've not stopped playing it either.The sound is so much better on the re-master. laugh [/b]
Yeah! I swear I can hear percussion sounds I never noticed before, certainly on tracks like 'This City'.

I'm getting slightly obsessive with the second disc too - it seems to me to have a darker feel to it than the album, don't know how to describe it really; 'Through a Metamatic Darkly'...well, until the Vince Clarke-ness of 'Like A Miracle' anyhow!

I need to get out more and stop obsessing with this album. Mind you, I've probably said that since 1981! laugh [/b]
Yes I was thinking that on the way to work about the percussion being more audible,I really need to do a side by side comparison.I'm noticing lots of things I've never noticed before,anything from the start of tracks to the fade outs being clearer/slightly longer.

Page 132 of 753 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.